Bow Bilge

dayoda

Recruit
My Sanger D215 is holding water/bilge in the bow. I don't see any drain holes back to the rear bilge pump that being said some oil residue has found it's way up to the bow. Therefore I can only assume that came from the engine area up to the bow. Is there some drain to the rear that I'm missing??? Any help??

SangerTom

Seaman
Re: Bow Bilge

(2005 - V210 - Sanger) Was at Lake Mohave this weekend and a monsoon hit last night. Wet all the way up to the bow under all the seats. Put the bilge on and it dumped a bunch of water out that night. This morning when I pulled the boat out of the slip - the auto bilge sent some more out. There still was some residual water left that has been draining out of the plug hole. By the time I got home all of the water in the engine compartment was out. Doesnt really answer your question but the bilge did do what is was suppose do. BTW - just got the boat a month ago - so still learning the ins and outs.

dayoda

Recruit

Yeah it doesn't really answer but it does say that your hull seems to be draining. I think the hull design for your boat and mine is pretty much the same. The monsoons are an issue with our hull's as they sit pretty low in the water. Our boat is new to us too and it just doesn't make sense to me that there isn't some sort of drain to the back where the bilge pump is. It has to be there somewhere??? Anybody else have any ideas?

SangerTom

Seaman

After posting, I was thinking that when I stopped on the way home (long drive) and when I got home water still was coming out - and I don't think it was the from the plug. I'm going to have to investigate. Will post what I find. What year is your boat?

SangerTom

Seaman

Day - Found the same problem. Not sure where its coming from either. Had to wet vac it out. When you look into the "foot locker" - there is a wall on the "back - stern" side of the locker with a hose running through it. Not sure how its getting comes out of the front bilge hole though?

SangerTom

Seaman

I called up Sanger, they are sending me an owner's manual. May have some info on it.