Barefoot Sanger Prop Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schocker

Recruit
Hey Sangerwaker, I believe that I have the exact same boat that you have. I've got a 1996 Barefoot Sanger with a 200 outboard. Your picture looks the same. <br /><br />Oh, my point. Last weekend while pulling the rugrats tubing I lost my prop. Ziiiiiiing.... Major buzzkill. About 80-100 feet of water and I'm thinking my odds of retreiving it are about as good as my odds of a 3-some with Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie.<br /><br />I was running a 19 pitch Hi-5. It appears that they are running around $550. Ouch. But before I go spending that kind of dough I thought I would do some research and see if there is any other prop out there that may be better. I get (had) a great holeshot and decent topend with the Hi-5. Right now I'm running a friend's 23 pitch 3-blade which blows bottom end, but gets up and goes after I plane off. <br /><br />Just wondering if maybe I should be looking at a different pitch or different prop altogether. Any insight?<br /><br />One more thing. A friend of mine has a 97 Malibu Flightcraft with the same 200 outboard. We run exactly the same from takeoff to topend. And I mean exactly the same. If we fill them both with gas and have a third person hop back and forth between boats that makes the difference in which boat is faster. It's a friendly competition, but it would be really nice to be just a little bit faster without giving up the pulling power.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Barefoot Sanger Prop Question

Welcome to iboats.<br />This will better answered in the Prop Questions and Topic forum and I will move it there now.<br />Again, welcome to iboats.

Glass Seeker

Cadet
Re: Barefoot Sanger Prop Question

Actually its a good thing it was left here in the Sanger catagory since nobody anywhere else will be able to say that the HI FIVE 19 pitch is the best prop for the job...if you are using the Sanger Barefoot outboard for BAREFOOTING. There is no better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.