03' Rinker Fiesta V, taking on water

wendywood37

Recruit
We have a 2003 Rinker 250 Fiesta Vee, it is taking on water, we had it pulled out in May for this same reason, only to be charged 5500.00 dollars and put back in with the same problem, now it is getting worse, we installed an automatic Bilge and it turns on every 2 1/2 minutes and pumps out water, we were going to leave it in till November, and we went to the Marina last Sunday only to find our boat on land, the owner said he had 3 onlookers come to him and told him our boat was pumping out water every couple minutes so he went down there and seen it and pulled it, well we have told him about it and we told the other mechanics we would leave it in till November and then figure out where it was coming from, they said make sure we were there when it was pulled, well we weren't so we don't know if it had something to do with the plug leaking or what, we checked out the Hull and there are NO visible cracks or damage, we checked the trim tabs, and the right one was loose but don't think it is coming from there, does anyone else know what else we should check, this is very frustrating....Thanks

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 03' Rinker Fiesta V, taking on water

Can be lots of things. Is it an I/O? Best way to find it is put it back in the water and start looking. Keep those batteries up if you do.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 03' Rinker Fiesta V, taking on water

bTW, I had a twin I/O I kept in salt water (mistake) for 9 years. I was constantly having the boots cut by barnicles. Also, boots can dry rot. Just one place to look.