why did you buy your rinker?

not enuf toys

Chief Petty Officer
with all the manufactures out there, new or used, why did you buy your rinker?

for me, i was buying used, i had a price range and this was going to be my first bowrider. the 20 - 22 ft market with performance of a small block v8 in my price range was limited. i was being forced to go older or give up styling and quality...

then i stumbled on the one i got!! for her age she is in good shape. sure there is a couple scratches in the decals and gelcoat, but all in all looks great. performance in comparison to other similar sized boats i tested was second to none!

all in all i am currently very happy (so far). i just wanted to see what drove you in your purchase

mvn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: why did you buy your rinker?

Well, I've owned several boats before learning about Rinker a few years back. From my perspective, they offer styling and
features years ahead of the competition and you seem to get the most bang for your buck. Since owning a Rinker, I've had very good experiences in dealing with their customer service department. In maintaining the boat, I've haven't come across anything I'd like to see changed (design-wise).

I'm now in the market for another Rinker as we've outgrown the 192. I've looked at other brands that were supposedly better quality but I keep coming back to Rinker because, in my opinion, they are a great boat.

Dragging Stern

Recruit

I know I'm replying to an old thread but it looks like a fun thread.

I bought my first boat last year, a '94 Rinker Captiva 170. I bought it for one simple reason: a very good friend wanted to get rid of it and it is in great shape and I paid very little. IMO it is what a small runabout should be; just looks right. So far it has been a lot of fun, even though we bought it late last summer and had it out only twice. The wife and I hope to get it out a lot more this summer.

not enuf toys

Chief Petty Officer

So far it has been a lot of fun, even though we bought it late last summer and had it out only twice. The wife and I hope to get it out a lot more this summer.

hopefully you get to enjoy your boat more this year!!

Dragging Stern

Recruit

Thanks. I hope so too. We just had our first baby last Tuesday. I was concerned that this might put the boat on hold for awhile but out of the blue the wife said she can't wait to get it out on the water and enjoy it. A new born is much too young to be out on a boat for us to feel comfortable. Figure we'll take the boat to several family get-togethers this summer and leave our little one with Grandma & Grandpa while we go out for quick laps around the water now and again.

That's a good looking Captiva 212 you have there in your signiture block. Anybody care to explain to a newbie how Rinker labeled their boats? I figure since mine is a 170 that translates to a 17 foot boat. Save for me to guess yours is a 21 footer? If so, what is the third digit for (the second '2')? And is the 5.7 the engine? Perhaps a GM V-8? If so, that thing must really haul.

not enuf toys

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks! Yeah, the first two digits translate into the length. I'm not really sure what the last digit stands for, but I always signify the model version with it. The next generation of the 21 footer is the 216, then the Mtx 210. Yes it is a GM v8 and she moves out pretty nice :) most of the stern drives are GM blocks. The days of the fords and Chrysler's are gone...you may be able to still find a ford in an inboard...
Hopefully by end of this summer you will be able to take your little one out for a calm rideride. Both of my girls