Need Help with RINKER TUNNEL HULL

96-Rinker

Cadet
I just bought what I am told to be a 96 Rinker. It is 12'6" long, a tunnel hull, has the numbers 72 on it (number also on the bottom), Has the holes in the back rest of the cockpit like there used to be a fresh air system hooked up, dual toggle switches on the removable steering wheel (tilt and then power jack plate maybe?), the writing on the side were the emergency shut off used to be, and then it has three holes shot in the tips of each runner on the top of course (not sure what those were for). All of this fancy stuff must have been removed before the guy that I bought it from got it but I am just wondering what this boat was used for. It now has a 55 horse johnson on it that I for sure wanna try out before switching to a different power plant. I also need to know what HP these things can run, how fast they can run, is there a hull number so that I can register it, and what is the approximate weight of this thing. Please send me back with as much info as you can. Thanks a lot Zach

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Help with RINKER TUNNEL HULL

Sounds like a 45SS boat. Its an APBA class that runs 45 cid motors. 2 cylinder E/J's. Most of the top boats run around 80. Some turn better than others, it just depends on your driving style and the course youre running.

Laddies

Banned

It sounds like a 45 SS tunnel the Rinker Brothers us to race that class and built some to sell, Their good guys try to get ahold of them at Rinker Boats 219 457 5731 or fax 219 457 3481--Bob

96-Rinker

Cadet

Randy rinker just sent me an email saying that rinker never made any tunnel hulls? He told me to send him some pics of it so maybe he can ID it. What is the base for a 45 Cubic inch motor. Like what hp were they as stock. Do you guys know if these can be registered? Thanks again guys. Zach

mike engels

Recruit

96-Rinker said:
I just bought what I am told to be a 96 Rinker. It is 12'6" long, a tunnel hull, has the numbers 72 on it (number also on the bottom), Has the holes in the back rest of the cockpit like there used to be a fresh air system hooked up, dual toggle switches on the removable steering wheel (tilt and then power jack plate maybe?), the writing on the side were the emergency shut off used to be, and then it has three holes shot in the tips of each runner on the top of course (not sure what those were for). All of this fancy stuff must have been removed before the guy that I bought it from got it but I am just wondering what this boat was used for. It now has a 55 horse johnson on it that I for sure wanna try out before switching to a different power plant. I also need to know what HP these things can run, how fast they can run, is there a hull number so that I can register it, and what is the approximate weight of this thing. Please send me back with as much info as you can. Thanks a lot Zach