What is a 1985 19' Renken worth

db1701d

Recruit
I have a 1985 19' Renken Bow riderwith a 135 HP Merccruser I.O. Structurally it's in pretty good shape, but the floor needs replacing. How much is involved and is it worth it or should I just look at a newer boat. The motor has low hours it, and the haul could use a paint. If I fix it up, I could many more years out it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: What is a 1985 19' Renken worth

As is it's worth maybe a grand if the motor and drive are decent. All fixed up it might be worth $3k (your location plays a big part in this). If the deck is shot there's a good chance the stringers and transom are rotted as well. It's a BIG job but do-able. Done correctly and it will be better than it was when it was new. The restoration will probably cost you $1k-2k depending on how nice you go on the new seating/interior. It's definitely not something you do to make some money on. You do it only if you really like the boat.

db1701d

Recruit

Thanks for the input. I do really like the boat. Do you no anybody in Northern IL./Southern WI. that could do the work. I only paid $1000.00 for it about 6 years ago, and have not had any problems with it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Unfortunately the resto work is really a DIY or scrap it kinda thing. Shops would charge you thousands and thousands for the work and no one I've seen yet on here that's had it done has been happy with the work. You'd have way too much cash into that boat by the time it was done.