2001 Reinell Battery Question; 1 or 2 and what size?

Helios22

Recruit
I am a new boat owner and have a 2001 Reinell 200. I need to replace the batteries and noticed that my boat has two Diehard deep cycle batteries, an M-2 500CCA 24M and an M-3 575CCA 27M. I have read and heard that both batteries must be of the same make and size. Obviously my boat had different size batteries when I bought it. My question is do I need two batteries and if so what size.

Attachments

• 01REIN-Port.jpg
    01REIN-Port.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 01REIN-Trans.jpg
    01REIN-Trans.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 0

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: 2001 Reinell Battery Question; 1 or 2 and what size?

Welcome to iBoats . . . you do not need 2 batteries, but it is a nice thing to have.

Since the batteries that you have are different sizes, take a look at the battery holders and see if they are the same? If they are the same, then one of the batteries is a mis-match for the battery holder. So, get the one that matches the holder, if that is the case.

Otherwise, take your pick . . . probably the "27" size.

Helios22

Recruit
Re: 2001 Reinell Battery Question; 1 or 2 and what size?

Welcome to iBoats . . . you do not need 2 batteries, but it is a nice thing to have.

Since the batteries that you have are different sizes, take a look at the battery holders and see if they are the same? If they are the same, then one of the batteries is a mis-match for the battery holder. So, get the one that matches the holder, if that is the case.

Otherwise, take your pick . . . probably the "27" size.

Thank You for the quick response and great info.