New member intro

nmiles

Cadet
Hey everyone just trying to find out a bunch of info on my boat it is a 74' reinell RV2500 in fair shape yet needs work so if anyone has parts or info please drop me a line this is my second restore and is definately harder than the last.

sstaz

Seaman
Re: New member intro

I have the little brother of yours, not sure what kind of info you need but let me know and I will help the best I can.

nmiles

Cadet

I am looking for some pics or information on where I can come up with original parts for the cabin. I would like to get her to original condition as afordably as posible. I guess if I can't make it original I will have to go for an upgrade to make it more contemporary, but I would like to make it as original as I can and make her new again. I love the way these Reinells look they just look good on the water!

sstaz

Seaman

I agree, and they ride nice in rough water. I picked mine up for free, a lot of work and some money has made her a great fishing machine. Being yours has a cabin it is a little different than mine but mine is mostly original. Here is a link to my photos if they will help you. http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/sstaz1969/Reinell/

nmiles

Cadet

Those are great thanks, you have a nice set up did you have to redo the gell coat or did you just buff it?
Also did you rebuild your cabinets or did you find them somewhere?

sstaz

Seaman

Thank you, I spent about a month wet sanding with 1000 then 1500 then buffing with diamond cut. The gel coat got a little thin in some places but is still good. I'm just going to have to keep up on the waxing so I wont have to dig in any deeper.

My friend is a carpenter and made the drawer set up for me to replace the busted up ice box. I then painted the cabinet and put butcher block laminate on the top and table. The finishing touch I think is the smoked plexiglass doors.

nmiles

Cadet

Looks good I am looking forward to getting my Reinell that nice again.

nmiles

Cadet

Great pictures thank you that gave me about 400 ideas