Regal: What model is this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutto

Seaman Apprentice
Hello iBoats community !
I'm new here and I am based in Italy.

I am looking to buy an used boat that can be transported with a trail. In Italy the law only allow to transport with a trail boat large up to 2,55 meters (7 fts) and this limit a lot the choice.

I just found this:

0994225177.jpg

0980054360.jpg

0914147636.jpg

0917515306.jpg

The owner is saying that it is just 2,50 meters in width so can be transported by trail.
The boat is a 1989 Regal, lenght should be 7,8 meters (21.10 fts) and to be advantaged in the deal with the owner I would like to show him that I do know this boat model. So here is where I am looking for your support, is anybody capable th help me understanding what is the exact model of the boat in the picture ? Can you be so kind to help me to retrieve as much information on this exact model year caracteristics (like what is the weight) ?

Additional questions
I know the shots are not enough to have a full impression, but from what you can see in the images, how do you rate the boat conditions ?
As the boat is quite old, do you think it's still a deal that could make sense to be made ?
What are the things you would reccomend me to check to avoid a big mistake ?

Thank you all for the support and... enjoy your boats lucky owners ! I hope to be one of you shortly ! :)

Rutto

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Regal: What model is this ?

Found it myself ! :)

For the records it is an Regal Ambassador 233 XL

Valanti233

Recruit

I can confirm that it is a XL 233, looks to be an '89 or 90. Waterline length is 23 feet, overall with pulpit and swim platform about 26 feet. Beam is 8'4". Weight is about 4500#. Fuel capacity is about 55 gallons. Water capacity is about 25 gallons. Draft is 36". Deadrise is 21'.
I have the 1994 version of that model called a Valanti 233.
It is too hard to evaluate the boat from your pictures. Looks can be deceiving. You need to have someone knowledgable in boats check all the mechanical systems (engine, outdrive, water, electrical, etc) and the hull. Even though it might look like a bargain, repairs can quickly exceed the purchase price. Agree on a price with the condition that it passes a survey.
Hope this helps.

Rutto

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Valanti233,
thank you for your feedbacks. I saw this boat today and looks great ! Unfortunately I am not a a "knowledgable in boats" or mechanic.
Gelcoat condition is excellent and also the external look of the boat is very good. We also tested it together and I was not able to notice any kind of problem.

I'm very very close to buy it now as my heart is still there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.