The search for a cockpit cover continues...

JustJeff

Cadet
Hope are high as I continue the quest for a cockpit cover. I recently purchased a 1990 233XL Ambassador for the wife and I. I have replaced just about everything since the previous owner neglected every aspect of this vessel. We are even changing her name :)
But I am search of a cockpit cover. The windshield has the snaps as does the gunnel and transom area. But I can't find the magical numbers for cover or where to get one. Regal doesn't have the specs anymore. Any help would be great and thank you in advance.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: The search for a cockpit cover continues...

Welcome aboard Jeff.

This may be better asked over in the General Boating Section ^^^^^^^ but we can leave it here in case someone has a specific Regal connection. My answer is that you need to have a local canvas shop quote a replacement for you. Ask around the local Marinas or friends for a few references. Generally speaking all canvas can be made custom and is probably cheaper that way. Pay for the good materials and it will last the longest. Good luck!!

Brentathon

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a local canvas shop make one for my 1991 233XL, it cost $900. Goes from windshield to transom.

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer

1990 doesn't seem that long ago, why is a cover extinct so soon, does Regal have an explanation?

TimBobCom

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Like most other manufacturers, Regal doesn't make their own canvas. The canvas on my 2003 Regal is from "Great Lakes Boat Top" I believe. Not sure if they made the covers for Regal in 1990 or not, but you could check with them or go the local route.