1986 Ranger 390 slide levers

mudhole31

Cadet
Can someone tell me what the 2 slide levers are that are under the forward and rev. lever. Just picked boat up the other day and dont know what they are.

pops

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1986 Ranger 390 slide levers

The levers control the valves for fill, drain, and recirculate in the live wells. They should be labeled with the positions for each function.

mudhole31

Cadet

Thanks they are not labelled but I figured them out thanks

proanglerwannabe

Seaman Apprentice

Just in case you are wondering, Ranger offers an upgrade kit for your boat that replaces the control levers with turn knobs, the cables and the valves in the back for farely cheap. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

diehardmason

Seaman Apprentice

Just in case you are wondering, Ranger offers an upgrade kit for your boat that replaces the control levers with turn knobs, the cables and the valves in the back for farely cheap. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

I assume I would have to contact Ranger to get the knob upgrade? I have the slide levers as well and would like to change them.

catfisher1

Cadet

Yes. I purchased the upgrade kit with cables, valves, control knobs, aerators, and both bilge pumps for a little over 200. It was easy to install and works like a charm. I have a 1986 373V BMC Comanche. But I found out that with the knob in empty, outside water will still come in. Put the know in recirculate to keep out water when not in use.