YES RANGER!

MUDBUG101

Recruit
Re: YES RANGER!

Here are some Pics of my 185A Ranger. I am the original owner. I paid $7200 for it new in 1976.
DSC00484-2.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

RANGER_185A_006.jpg

RANGER_185A_005.jpg

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

Mine looks like junk compared to ratkiller's and mudbugs:facepalm: but I am going to be working on that.
Trolling motor not performing well so I bought a Minn Kota powerdrive v2 and copilot to go on it (so much for keeping it original). The carpet and seat will be next year. Then I'm going to tackle the finish (that will be the fun part).

MUDBUG101

Recruit

Silver Metal Flake hides scratches even when you look up close. If you keep it out of the sun it will not fade to yellow. A good boat wax fills in any scratches

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

Siver Metal Flake hides scratches even when you look up close. If you keep it out of the sun it will not fade to yellow. A good boat wax fills in any scratches

Yeah--luckily I don't have any yellowing--it's just a little dull. Not sure how to tackle it yet. I don't want to sand and all but---I suppose when I get ready I will do a bit more research.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

It's nice to see a bunch of people that are so happy with their boat--and give their complete allegiance to the brand.

They're still doing something right. My tournament fisherman friend stayed at my lake house earlier in the year, and he absolutely loved the new model Ranger 21' with a Merc. 250 Optimax. I think he said he was getting 73 or 74 mph out of it. I'd just hate to think how many 51 gallon gas tanks he goes through in a year.

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

It's nice to see a bunch of people that are so happy with their boat--and give their complete allegiance to the brand.

They're still doing something right. My tournament fisherman friend stayed at my lake house earlier in the year, and he absolutely loved the new model Ranger 21' with a Merc. 250 Optimax. I think he said he was getting 73 or 74 mph out of it. I'd just hate to think how many 51 gallon gas tanks he goes through in a year.

Ahmen to all. I have 28 gallons (get about 6-8 trips depending) with gas, oil, etc its 100 bucks every time to fill up. I couldn't imagine 51. Of course seems alot of us AL. boys love the Rangers (my family is from Red Bay) It is the only boat my dad would ever have. I feel the same way so far.

MUDBUG101

Recruit

Yeah--luckily I don't have any yellowing--it's just a little dull. Not sure how to tackle it yet. I don't want to sand and all but---I suppose when I get ready I will do a bit more research.
Try a little automotive rubbing compound in an out of sight place to remove some oxidation.

ratkiller

Cadet

Mine looks like junk compared to ratkiller's and mudbugs:facepalm: but I am going to be working on that.
Trolling motor not performing well so I bought a Minn Kota powerdrive v2 and copilot to go on it (so much for keeping it original). The carpet and seat will be next year. Then I'm going to tackle the finish (that will be the fun part).

Keep at it you'll get that 350V back into shape. It just takes some time. We've had the advantage of owning them since new. So much easier to keep up with.
Ratkiller

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

Keep at it you'll get that 350V back into shape. It just takes some time. We've had the advantage of owning them since new. So much easier to keep up with.
Ratkiller

I here yah--it's a pain to fix what other people broke or neglected. It's kinda like converting a street car into a dirt tracker. I would much rather build from the ground up than engineer from what has already been done. But I don't mind--I enjoy it (the wife not so much) I just sold some of my hunting guns so I could get the trolling motor, put back for the seats and carpet--so it's working out so far. The real pain will be getting the finish back to original I think--I just don't want to sand:rolleyes:

waiddog

Cadet

Well I bought my first boat and its a Ranger. Not sure of the model but its a 76' with a chrysler 75hp on it. paid $350 for it and put about 2k into it. love it!!!! the guy let it sit outside for like ten years so it needs some serious cosmetic tlc. boy on boat.jpgme and my boat.jpgmy boat2.jpgmy boat.jpg

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats--welcome to the club. Boat looks good--what did you do to it for the 2K? I just put mine down for the year--changing the carpet, seats, and a few other things (including a good buff and shine)
Ranger is a good one.

waiddog

Cadet

started with all new straps, new tires (3) for the trailer, motor gone through and runs great now, new carpet, new fish finder, all new wiring, new gas tanks, some new seats, tongue jack.

need another fish finder for the bow/ trolling motor, need paint, and clear.

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

started with all new straps, new tires (3) for the trailer, motor gone through and runs great now, new carpet, new fish finder, all new wiring, new gas tanks, some new seats, tongue jack.

need another fish finder for the bow/ trolling motor, need paint, and clear.

That's awesome. Your going to love it.