ProCraft taking on water

mskrom

Cadet
I own a 1991 ProCraft 180 Stalker bass boat, which has just recently ( the last two trips to the lake) begun to take on water inside the hull while on the lake.

There are no holes in the hull, and neither rain nor wash over the bow/stern/gunnels has occurred which would explain it.

My current thinking is that the hoses which run to the livewells have dry-rotted and are leaking water into the hull, under the deck.

Short of removing the batteries and gas tank, is there a good way to access the livewell connections under the rear deck? Can anyone tell me whether the aft dry-storage bins are easily removable, which might allow me access?

What about the front livewell? I can't figure out how to get under the front deck to check out the connections there-

Any assistance would be appreciated-
Thanks

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: ProCraft taking on water

Before you go tearing the boat apart check the more common places for a leak first. Anyplace you have a thru the hull fitting. Especially the aerator pump. They can get a crack in them that is hard to see. Put the plug in and start adding water inside the boat while looking for a leak.