1988 model 1780V question?

BamaCat

Recruit

Hi.

I have been restoring a 1988 1780V procraft fish and ski. I need help finding a replacement bow plate for the trolling motor control mounted on the bow. It's the piece of plastic trim where the trolling motor plugs in. It also has switches for lights and the livewell and lights. Ranger could not help.
Thanks, Scott

Last edited:

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1988 model 1780V question?

You won't find it new, since ProCraft has be out of business so long....I've tried. I fabricated one from flat aluminum stock and it work well for my 1780. Had to have a touch of welding done for the corners. (it's recessed in you know). Then some black paint and you're good.

tunerguy95

Recruit

You won't find it new, since ProCraft has be out of business so long....I've tried. I fabricated one from flat aluminum stock and it work well for my 1780. Had to have a touch of welding done for the corners. (it's recessed in you know). Then some black paint and you're good.

Procraft isn't out of Business.................

Bushrider

Cadet

Procraft was bought out by Tracker a number of years ago, and the Procraft system for numbering parts was subsequently stopped. It is very difficult to find parts for these older boats, because the parts numbers don't match anything currently in use. At least, that's the story they have given me at the local Procraft dealer when I have tried to track things down.
David