Comfortable seat for 12 foot Porta Boat

DEM

Cadet
I have a 12 foot Porta Bote. Have read a little about folks who devise a pedestal seat with a quick release of some type (e.g. Release-A-Seat review on Cableas. But I can't quite conceptualize exactly what I should be buying and doing here. My son, in particular, has a bad back and avoids the POrta Bote lately.

rfbloom

Recruit
Re: Comfortable seat for 12 foot Porta Boat

I just bought a "trail chair" from REI for $16.00, to use in my 30 yr old 10' double ender. It has straps on the side like a kayak or canoe seat, which cost $30 to $60.

Good luck
Rich

aec

Recruit

I have an older 12 ft porta bote---and I installed the tempress quick disconnect mounting kit on a slide (screwed the slides right to the plywood bench seat). You can slide from side to side and also swivel in all directions---works great. Their website is tempress.com---hope this helps

Huron Angler

Admiral

Field and Stream makes a padded folding chair that has straps that connect under a boat or canoe bench(similar to a heavy-duty backpack strap) that I've used on my 12' aluminum boat and canoes. Provides pretty good back support that would help with the back pain.

Pretty cheap and comfy:) They just don't swivel is all. I bought mine at ****'s sporting goods for like 30 bucks.

relbac

Recruit

Hello, I have a 12' porta bote and what I did was put a deck on it with fishing chairs, it made all the difference in the world. If I can figure out how I will post a pic.View attachment 116331 The deck is completely removeable so it still folds up.

barato2

Commander

i used one of the clamp-on seats like you'd put in a tinboat, but found that clamps didn't hold tight to edges of PB seats due to design differences from tinboat seats, and base of seat cut into foam on top of my PB seats. what i did was add a piece of marine ply slid through the seat base underneath the PB seat to hold it in place, and another on top of the PB seat foam to prevent it cutting in. this worked great, but big issue is that it adds another big, heavy piece to tote to Mexico and back, and more parts to keep track of.