Pictures of a 14' porta bote with a 9.9 hp motor!

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer
Thought the Porta Bote section should at least have a few pics of what one looks like :cool:
8898.jpg

8899.jpg

8900.jpg

8903.jpg

8904.jpg

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Pictures of a 14' porta bote with a 9.9 hp motor!

Boy it sure is lonely here:(

loborph

Recruit

Thanks for the pics. I just bought a used 10'. Its rated for just 2hp. I'm lookin for mods to permit a bigger motor

... happy boating .

Bob
Gilbert, AZ

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bob--

i realize i'm replying to an ancient post here, but you can somewhat fudge the hp rating;i use an 8hp that weighs 56 lbs on my 12'....both hp and weight are slightly > recommended max. i fish offshore with it and have logged many hours with this "oversize" engine with no ill effects on transom or hull. you're probably aware of the hull undulation that tells you you've reached hull max speed? i'd say try a 3.5 and you won't have any problems....mine is painfully slow with my 2hp Honda.

everyone else, i just posted some pix of mine in action in my gallery....check em out. no they're NOT FRAGILE and yes the mfgr's claims seem to be true.:cool:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Quelle longueur d arbre pour le moteur ?
Merci
nQ23mw8y3LEn3fq4fEalw9ZjBGjtdyVWJSVYDaehTlQZn2AM9KjrbYtgraRzkkGh0Nf9QC3xgbUftuvwII40gjDQjjciALWJal3hVEMDgLD9tEJI1AYlDQ9pgB8DAMdHLlMyDC77IstFK5BPQ8j Z7BoB4cJGEg5qmoQvHYrH XTeZyG4hZ4FXBAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

bienvenue, clom33. Vous devriez commencer un nouveau sujet. Ceci est un sujet très ancien et quelques-unes des affiches sont toujours actifs.

Pour répondre à votre question, un Porta -Bote utilise un moteur à arbre court 15"/38.1 CM.

Pardonnez-moi si mon français est pauvre, je Google Translate pour convertir de l'anglais au français. Si vous le pouvez, l'anglais est la langue la plus à utiliser parce que nous avons seulement quelques-uns qui sont compétents en français.

:welcome:, clom33. You should start a new topic. This is a very old topic and few of the posters are still active.

To answer your question, a Porta-Bote uses a 15"/38.1CM short shaft motor.

Forgive me if my French is poor, I used Google Translate to convert from English to French. If you can, English is the best language to use because we have only a few who are proficient in French.