Registering Portaboats

Magnafique

Cadet
I just bought a used portaboat and I think here in Oregon I need to register it. The owner did not have a title so I wrote to Portaboat to see if they can provide me with some documentation per the serial number. What has been your experience????

Thanks Tom

jbcurt00

Staff member
The 10ftr from your other topic?

Will Oregon title it if its registered in your name, in another state.

I have to register title-less boats in Wisconsin 1st, then title and register them in WV, once I get the registration in my name from Wisconsin

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Speaking generically - Most states do not require registration if the boat is less than a certain length and is not powered. Electric trolling motors count as powered.

The first FAQ on the Oregon.gov site basically answers your question about no title, Look around there to see if registration is required.

Stumpalump

Chief Petty Officer
Arizona... Register any boat without a title. The trailers need title but with the a boat you just need the hull number. As long as it's not reported stolen you are issued numbers and a sticker.

GA_Boater

Arizona... Register any boat without a title. The trailers need title but with the a boat you just need the hull number. As long as it's not reported stolen you are issued numbers and a sticker.

Arizona does not help the OP regging the boat in Oregon, does it?

Magnafique

Cadet
I just got an email from Cindy at Portaboat. She said rowing only no registration, but since I have a 5 hp Johnson on my boat she asked me to call her tomorrow and she can help me out. Tom

GA_Boater

That should help you out, Magna. Good luck on getting the state paperwork straightened out.