Polar kraft owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadslack

Recruit
Re: Polar kraft owners?

I have recently purchased a 1994 Polar Kraft Bass America with a 25 Yamaha 2 cycle. I've only had it on the water a couple of times and may have a small leak, although I suspect the live well or its plumbing. I once heard that Polar Kraft hulls were guaranteed for life, though I don't know this to be true.

Namenottaken, I think you're right about the current owners of Polar Kraft being non-responsive. I wrote them about my trailer, which I assume was part of the package, and got no response.

I would really like to find a wiring diagram, but the boat has a fairly simple electrical system. The diagram might save me a little time tracing, though.

John

John, any luck in your research? I recently purchased the same...1994 Polar Kraft Bass America Eagle with 25 hp Mercury. Trailer and motor are original to the boat. No real issues to this point other than cosmetic and having to replace the foredeck. It appears that the manufacturer used exerior 1/2" b/c plywood. Trailer needed new tires and bearing seals. No real surprises given the age of the boat.

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class

John, any luck in your research? I recently purchased the same...1994 Polar Kraft Bass America Eagle with 25 hp Mercury. Trailer and motor are original to the boat. No real issues to this point other than cosmetic and having to replace the foredeck. It appears that the manufacturer used exerior 1/2" b/c plywood. Trailer needed new tires and bearing seals. No real surprises given the age of the boat.

No, I know no more about the boat than I did when I posted this, other than what I've learned on my own. I did have some hull leaks, rivets, which I fixed with JB Marine Weld. I know a lot on this forum will disapprove, but it takes about 5 minutes per patch, and so far they've held. Even if they need doing again at some point, this is not a show boat.

The wiring was so jury-rigged I just started over from scratch. All I lack now is the wiring to the lights, which hopefully I'll never need.
I had to do the trailer, hubs, bearings, and all, new tires, even a wheel and spare.

Not much else to tell you,

John

Roadslack

Recruit

No, I know no more about the boat than I did when I posted this, other than what I've learned on my own. I did have some hull leaks, rivets, which I fixed with JB Marine Weld. I know a lot on this forum will disapprove, but it takes about 5 minutes per patch, and so far they've held. Even if they need doing again at some point, this is not a show boat.

The wiring was so jury-rigged I just started over from scratch. All I lack now is the wiring to the lights, which hopefully I'll never need.
I had to do the trailer, hubs, bearings, and all, new tires, even a wheel and spare.

Not much else to tell you,

John

John, does your boat have a capacity plate? If so where is it located. I haven't been able to find the location of mine and suspect that it fell off or was removed by the previous owner.

I contacted Polar Kraft. They said that due to technology issues, they did not receive technical info from the Polar Kraft operation in Mississippi when the company was transferred to Indiana in 2001. Looks like those of us with the older Polar Krafts are on our own WRT tech data and owners manuals.

Thanks again,
Jeff

chogg

Recruit

Hi, I bought my 1982 cub 40 new 32years ago when I was 18 years old. it has the original mercury 25 on it and the power pack ( I think) just recently failed. I like it so much I considered buying me a brand new one 7 or 8 years ago but mine is paid for and forgot about so I will keep it some time more.

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class

John, does your boat have a capacity plate? If so where is it located. I haven't been able to find the location of mine and suspect that it fell off or was removed by the previous owner.

I contacted Polar Kraft. They said that due to technology issues, they did not receive technical info from the Polar Kraft operation in Mississippi when the company was transferred to Indiana in 2001. Looks like those of us with the older Polar Krafts are on our own WRT tech data and owners manuals.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Jeff, I just saw this. If I got an email about your post, I overlooked it. I'm sorry. I'll look ASAP and see if there is a capacity plate on my boat and let you know. I think there is.

I'll pm you as well when I check.

So sorry for the delay-well, over a year is more than a delay.

John

Roadslack

Recruit

Thanks, John. Not a problem. With the my Eagle 15, I found that if you're able to comfortably move about, there's little chance of overloading it. A year later, I still haven't come across anywhere that even appears that the might have been a plate attached. But, I used the USCG formula just to be safe.

Jeff

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks, John. Not a problem. With the my Eagle 15, I found that if you're able to comfortably move about, there's little chance of overloading it. A year later, I still haven't come across anywhere that even appears that the might have been a plate attached. But, I used the USCG formula just to be safe.

Jeff
Bass Master 1.jpg

Jeff, I just noticed you called yours a Bass America Eagle. Mine is also a 15' Bass America with a 25 hp, but it has no "Eagle" designation in the name. I've attached a photo (I hope) so you can see if yours is similar. Maybe the "Eagle" was an upgrade?

I've had no luck finding the capacity plate, but have not uncovered it yet. I should do so in a few days, as I hope to use it soon. I really thought all boats had to have one.

John

Edit: I just looked at the picture and it is very small. I'll take a better one when it's uncovered.

jp

Last edited:

gasserx

Cadet
Old thread, but here is my vintage Polar Kraft! I would like to hear from others with the same model :)
It came with an Tohatsu 25hp, but i have managed to get my hands on several old 40 hp Mercurys for free, and hope to get at least one of them to work.
Have started to work on it... lots to do, but hopefully she will be on the water again next spring.

20170817_055722.jpg

20170817_194423174837424.jpg

20170822_15322114922957.jpg

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class
You've come a long way, Gas. I'm inspired to get back on my boat now.

Thanks

I have a 1973 1444 Commercial Fishing Polar Kraft. It is on a 1973 Moody Trailer. It has 3 bench seats in it and the middle one is a storage/live well. I am looking for the Aluminum Drain plugs that go in the live well. I still use the boat regularly. It has a 25 HP Johnson 1975 on it. I would really like any information that someone may have on how to get my hands on those plugs. I have substitutes, but would really like to get back to the original ones. Also the transom needs to be rebuilt. Any help in any of these areas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.