Buying a Nitro 189 this week...kinda scared.

waveydavey

Recruit
This would be my first post and my first boat. I have been waiting a long time to buy a fishing boat. Of course the family likes wakeboarding etc so I got sucked into the "cool" looking boat. I am not a year round user.

I fish most days on vacation and I bought the boat with a 115 merc optimax. I love to troll, does anyone have any experience with the vengeance prop for slower trolling? I heard the go down to 2mph

Also I do not see many posts that are really positive for this boat. I looked at the Crestliner, Lund and Mirrorcraft and they all seemed the same, great boats but more for fishing.The 189 does not look like it has a lot of room, I guess I will find out this week, the closest one to me is 200 miles away at BP.

Any suggestions for improvement or customization would be welcomed for this boat. I am a newbie so go gently! lol

I will be on smaller lakes and rivers mostly and I do not care much about going over 45mph. Nice to meet everyone, And thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions. My biggest fear right now is driving the boat home!!

1muskyhunter

Recruit
Re: Buying a Nitro 189 this week...kinda scared.

curious how you like this rig. I just bought the same set up and on my first ride seem puzzled with the prop. at WOT it ran 50 mph but the tach was pinned at 6k, an alarm sounded, thinking over rev. Can't see how the speed and rpm were that high???