Any active 180FS owners out there?

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer
Waiting till Spring for the one I just bought...was wondering if anyone had any opinions? :)

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: Any active 180FS owners out there?

I get the same thing on the Hurricane forum.... I'm all fired up to chat about Hurricanes, and nobodies around? I love the Monterey! Congrats dude! I was torn between the Hurricane and a 214FS, Cuddy, with 5.0 Gxi penta... Monterey boats have great lines.

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Hey man, thanks for responding to my post! Ha!

I actually just read your Bayliner resto the other day. Can't believe all the work you put into that baby, awesome job! I'll bet your partner is pretty happy with your work, eh? ;)

How's the new boat? Did you get to the bottom of that crazy drain hole fiasco?

bear_69cuda

Commander

Yep all is good with the Hurricane. Godfrey covered everything. The repair shop lifted the bow high ~ 45 degrees so any water could drain. Then they used a hole saw to remove ~ 3" of wood around the bilge drain. ( the core was over 2.5" thick! ) None of the wood was wet. Then they used poly resin to saturate the raw wood, mixed resin and glass beads to form a thick (peanut butter texture like paste) filled the hole, let it cure, then drilled a new drain hole. Covered exterior with CSM/glass cloth, and finally gel coated everything. No way for water to penetrate transom at all. We found that my deck scupper had not been properly sealed from the factory, hence the water issue. Also some of the cup holders and built in coolers did not have tubing leading to the bilge area. So if the boat had been outside at the dealer, and it rained, this is how water got into the boat. The repair shop did a moisture test to verify transom was dry and free of any rot issues. Two core samples were also taken. Thanks for the Kudos on the Bayliner. He has a real nice boat! Now we just need to make it through the flippin winter!

I love your boat dude! The color is awesome!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sorry guys. Although you have both recently purchased VERY NICE boats....if you want chit chat, you're going to have to buy a Starcraft :)

jkust

Rear Admiral

I looked at a couple of newer-used Montereys when I bought a couple years back. I believe they were the 190 model but don't recall the designation. They stuck out as one of the nicer, more detailed boats. I have noticed that they seem to be very regional though and at least here in MN, I have never actually seen one on the water. I am an options guy...the more options the better and the Montereys had a lot of them for small bowriders. All is quiet on the Chaparral forum too, seems nobody bought them or are all too busy using them to be chatty. What year is your 180FS?

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Mine is an 08. Can't wait to get her wet for the first time...although, I'll admit, my attention has wavered to Cummins Diesel trucks for the moment. I'm sure that'll change as summer gets closer. The Monterey's do have a great deal of options. Mine has Sirius Radio, an iPod hook up, driver's side remote, the 4.3L Volvo setup, 34-something Vinyl, SS recessed cleats, fiberglass floor liner, annnnddddd...I can't think of anything else. Oh! A depth finder. ;)

Glad to hear they fixed the Hurricane...that's great...that sounded like the beginning of a REAL nightmare...but it was held off at the pass!

Down with Starcraft...up with Monterey...WOOT!

Farmernick

Recruit

Ive just bought a 2005 214FS, over here in England we have loads of snow at the moment but cant wait to launch it. All the boat forums seem dead apart from the Sea ray one!Where do all you guys go in winter??

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

We just use our imagination...and pretend we're out having fun...when in reality...we aren't. ;)

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

I'm jealous...I haven't even gotten mine home from the store! (April)

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Bringin' it back to the top! ;)

harleyrockerc

Recruit

we just bought a 2010 monterey 180fs yesterday. i know its an old thread, but we are excited. just a sweet boat.:cool:

Ozimatt

Recruit

Hi,
Yes I have a 2005 FS180, just bought it and still waiting to use it here in Oz.

billyman

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry to resurrect and "old" thread, but I bought a (gently) used 2006 180FS in April. Only had 63 hours on her. I'm looking forward to putting a lot more on her. I hope this board is more active than the other one (http://www.montereyboats.com/forum/).

Cheers!