mirrocraft vs. tracker

John Kurczek

Recruit
I want to buy a new fishing boat and have decided to buy either a mirro craft of a tracker. What is best?

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer
Re: mirrocraft vs. tracker

If you search around the web, you'll find allot of bad press on the aluminum Trackers. Problem seems to be more in the area of consistency build quality and durability vs specifications. You don't mention size or type of boat so it's hard to get too specific.

FWIW, I looked at ALLOT of aluminum V hulls in the 16' range two years back and settled on a 07' Mirrocraft. I liked the design and standard features (of the Outfitter) and was impressed with build quality ( as well as hull thickness). The Lunds were also real nice but somewhat overpriced IMHO. All that said, I would look to buy used and certainly "try before you buy". Too many great deals out there on used boats these days. Lots of repo's or soon to be repo's around in this economy too. Regardless, beware of "package boats" as they are often powered minimally with undersized (electric and main) motors, featureless controls and low end electronics.

Lastly, no regrets with my Mirro. It's holding up well, performs flawlessly, tows easily and has put me into ALLOT of fish.