It's a 1973 Mirrocraft, But What Model Is It?

dahender

Recruit
Hi folks,

I just bought this 1973 14' Mirrocraft from a third-party, who acquired it from the estate of a fellow who passed away earlier this year. Out of respect for the man who owned and cared for it for 36 years (since new), I'd like to know what Mirrocraft model name this is and what other history might be available for it. It came complete with a 1973 9.5 HP Johnson Sea-Horse motor. Maximum horsepower rating on the boat is 25 HP, the model number shown on the "Coast Guard" certification tag is F-3604 (which I haven't been able to correlate to any model 'name'), and the boat serial number (obtained from what's left of an old insurance document) is MRR05423M731-04 (would you know where this number would be displayed on the boat itself? I don't see it on the Coast Guard tag or anywhere else on the boat).

Maximum Persons allowed is 4, and Maximum Persons Capacity is 600 pounds. Maximum weight capacity is 960 pounds.

What a great boat. It's very stable and has no leaks. When we took it out yesterday my son and I caught a Kokanee five minutes after we threw the hook into the water!

Thanks in advance if you're interested,

Attachments

• MirrocraftRear.jpg
    MirrocraftRear.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 5
  • MirrocraftFront.jpg
    MirrocraftFront.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Clint2405

Recruit
Re: It's a 1973 Mirrocraft, But What Model Is It?

Hmmm, looks a lot like the 14 foot mirrocraft that i have a 40 hp johnson on the back of. Same color and everything. The max hp and weight plate on mine is damaged so i can't see the max hp, but i can read the max weight. I'll have to check what mine says for the weight when it comes out of storage next year. Mine runs great with a 40, it's been on there for 20+ years, it'd be funny to find the max is only 25. I don't know anything about mine either. My grandpa bought it back when it was nearly new, and now i've been using it. It's a great boat.

ifishforfood

Recruit

It looks the same as mine.If so it is a Commander(model name).It is rated for 35hp max.

ifishforfood

Recruit

I would be very supprised to see a rating of more than 35 hp on a 14' mirrocraft tiller

ifishforfood

Recruit

The number your looking for should be on the outside of the transom one thr upper right side(hull identification number

Klewisjr28

Recruit

I have an identical 1976 model of this boat. In case you didn't get what you were looking for, it is called a "14 Resort".