Restored Vintage MirroCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbarrt

Cadet
Hey, don't know if there are folks checking into this forum, but I came across it and decided to show off my boat. My dad bought this Mirro new in 1960, and it had been setting for over 20 years before I rescued it last fall.

But she's solid with no leaky rivits, and I can't wait to have her back on the water.

Attachments

• Picture 128.jpg
    Picture 128.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 11

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Restored Vintage MirroCraft

Very nice indeed. I spend a week fishing in Northern Wisconsin at a resort whose rental fleet is a bunch of old MirroCraft 14 foot aluminum boats. I'm guessing that they date to the late sixties early seventies. So they are obviously durable. My previous boat was a 1996 MirroCraft Pro Striker walleye boat and it is still in excellent condition but it now lives with my daughters family.

jimbarrt

Cadet
Re: Restored Vintage MirroCraft Any Guesses?

OK, any guesses here. It is a 16-footer with a Holsclaw trailer and a '72 evie on the back. Mystery Mirro.
There are some numbers on the dash, I will post them soon.
boat015.jpg

boat017.jpg

boat020.jpg
boat005.jpg
boat008.jpg

Interesting boat. I have a brochure from 1964, and my guess would be yours dates from the early to mid sixties. [if that helps] My 1960 Mirro, [pictured 2 posts above] doesn't have the 'lapstrake' ribbed sides, so yours is after 1960, but does have alot of similarities. And I reallly don't know of any guide as far as using serial numbers to pin down any dates, do you?

Do you plan to restore it, or just fix it for using?

larky

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have what seems to be the same boat. my registration says its a 1969. what ever it is its a great boat. I just love the look of the old closed bow aluminum boats. It was nice to finally see a boat just like mine.

jimbarrt

Cadet

I have what seems to be the same boat. my registration says its a 1969. what ever it is its a great boat. I just love the look of the old closed bow aluminum boats. It was nice to finally see a boat just like mine.

Ahy Photos? Please post up.

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice mirro! Whats the beam measure?

bkopp85

Cadet

looks like the same thing i picked a few weeks ago I now have all the interior so I can put new in, Mines a 65 came with a chrysler 35 but im gonna put a 86 johnson 40 on mine mine also has the wood look

rickou812

Seaman

Is there any more info on these boats. I just picked one up, but can not find a build date. The serial # is: I86-1257-58
It looks the blue one above.

Thanks,
Rick

AKA_CJ

Cadet

How is the strength of the closed bow on these boats? I looked at a 70s Starcraft runabout with closed bow and it was real flimsy.

michaud500

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have almost the same boat!! I dont have the horn and mine is vintage green with the bench seat. I have some PDF files that I cant seem to upload. Send me you email mine is michaud2002@charter.net. I will forward you the files.

mydejavooo

Cadet

Yep.....ME TOO!! Just got mine yesterday! 1965, but my registration says it's a 14 footer. Haven't had a chance to take it out yet, but I'm hoping to do that this weekend. I am going to re-do the seat, and make it with storage for the lifejackets, coolers, and tackle boxes. I wasn't sure I liked the turquoise color...but it's growing on me. A real retro feel. :) How stable are they? With an 18hp Evinrude, will it pull a water-skier up?

DeJa

SI850394.jpg

SI850395.jpg

SI850392.jpg

SI850407.jpg

SI850309.jpg

michaud500

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You have to keep the color:cool::cool: It turns a lot of heads for both good and bad reasons but I like it. I am a vintage kinda person. I have a 50 hp on mine highest rating I think is 45hp. It is pretty small so for its size it does well, but what do I know this is my first boat. :D:D:D

Megaslime

Cadet

I have this boat in my yard and from the date on your post hope that you will get this message, mine is a 1977 16' and still works very well and a good dry boat,
Interesting boat. I have a brochure from 1964, and my guess would be yours dates from the early to mid sixties. [if that helps] My 1960 Mirro, [pictured 2 posts above] doesn't have the 'lapstrake' ribbed sides, so yours is after 1960, but does have alot of similarities. And I reallly don't know of any guide as far as using serial numbers to pin down any dates, do you?

Do you plan to restore it, or just fix it for using?

17ft'r

Seaman

I as well have a similar if not the exact boat its a 1963 14ft. I love the orignal color. Someone took out the seats and cable steering so I am in the process of putting recentley purchased items (back in).

I have a 18 hp Johnson I had to do abit of (rebuilding) on but I think it will get me to the middle of the lake and then I'll just troll from then on.

It is neat to see so many (MirroCraft) out and about.

17ft'r Bend, Oregon

Art S.

Recruit
I am not sure but if the number that is stamped on the stern of my boat is any indication of year than mine is a 1958 Mirrocraft. I am trying to find 2 Mirrocraft plastic logos to put back on my boat to continue my restoration. Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I am not sure but if the number that is stamped on the stern of my boat is any indication of year than mine is a 1958 Mirrocraft. I am trying to find 2 Mirrocraft plastic logos to put back on my boat to continue my restoration. Thanks

Try Ebay, Craig's List, or some of the other places on the net. We can not buy or sell in these forums.

This thread is also very old and very inactive. You should start a new thread instead of posting in the oldies.

Closed,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.