Need help finding a part for my MFG

soup1279

Cadet
I need the anchor chocks that go on the bow of the boat. My restoration is almost complete but I can't find these things anywhere. they are the diamond shaped chocks with the square base.

I found a guy on Craigslist trying to sell the shell of a boat. I offered to drive there and remove them myself and give him $ for the chocks. Said he wasn't interested and said I'd need to buy the whole boat. If I came home with another boat I'd be in a lot of trouble :D:lol:

Does anyone have a set or know of where I can get a set?

Anthony

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need help finding a part for my MFG

Try ebay vintage boat parts . I guess they look like these ?
DSC01072.jpg

How about postin some pics of your restore ! We all love pics !:nod::)

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

Try ebay vintage boat parts . I guess they look like these ?
DSC01072.jpg

How about postin some pics of your restore ! We all love pics !:nod::)

Gorgeous restoration!!! Brings back many fond memories. We used to have one of these with a single 4 cylinder 50 hp Johnson:

432px-Mfga59002.jpg

How many hours did the project take you?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

^^^ I started mine Nov 2011 ^^^ :facepalm: Still not splashed ..

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

Well... hopefully soon. That poor Chrysler looks like it's getting lonely. ;) Again beautiful job so far!

soup1279

Cadet

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Those are all original . I just repainted them . I would love to find an original steering wheel .

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

My original bow chocks ( like above) appear to be aluminum with a kind of black plastic coating, a small part of which is cracked off on one. I'm torn between removing the plastic and having what's left powder coated or leaving them alone and just painting them silver.

Anyone have these and have removed the plastic covering? I'm wondering what they look like under the plastic. Finished or unfinished? I don't want an uglier mess than I already have.

PA is warming up. Almost time to start mowing grass and going boating again. Hope to fire up the Honda before too long!

soup1279

Cadet

I was able to find the parts. I was able to get in touch with someone from fiberglassics. So thank you for the link Tazrig!

Now the problem is I'm having motor issues. I had my Outboard Mechanic look at it. Says It runs strong at high RPM but there is a lot of piston noise and won't stay running at idle due to low crank case pressure. Said I should be able to run it for a while so long as I don't let it idle too long. So I guess now I'm looking for a replacement motor. :blue:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Anyone have these and have removed the plastic covering? I'm wondering what they look like under the plastic.

Yep those above had the same plastic like coating . I peeled it off .sanded down, cleaned with TSP and used self etching primer . Then a few coats of high build metal primer and used white appliance epoxy for the finish coats . I think they are pot metal not aluminum .
Paint em whatever color ya want or powder coat them . :cool: