McKee newbie questions???

Boss351

Cadet
Hi and hope to spend some more time here with this group in the future! I just purchased a 1993 17.4 Offshore Fisherman with a 1990 Evinrude 120. I was hoping someone could tell me what the fuel capacity is and also where the fuse panel in case I got to change a fuse. I just got it this past Saturday and am hoping to have everything checked out for the weekend. Just trying to get familiar with it and feel comfortable with the exception of these two things....for now anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: McKee newbie questions???

Not that this helps a lot but my 18' dual console has a 60 gallon tank. There should be an access panel and under that should be a label.

Boss351

Cadet

I guess I will have to find an access panel somewhere. Maybe the info is under the CC drivers seat/ice box. I bought 15 gallone of non EtOH gasoline and plan on putting in the tank. Presently the gauge, if at all acccurate, shows half a tank. I spoke to a fella in Houston last night with a similar boat and he said he has a 30 gallon tank....so, thats my plan as of now till I find something in writing. If it was easy to measure it would be no problem to figure it out but it doesn't look like an easy task.

Boss351

Cadet

Been there already but thanks for the heads up nonetheless. I figure between them and this site I'm gonna be in pretty good company with this boat and getting used to it. Thanks again!

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

My 2004 Backwater 17'2 has a 36 gallon tank,,, POSSIBLY the same,, maybe not..