Parts for a 1996 Shabah

jchemotti

Recruit
Anyone out there know where I might find parts (seats, compass, etc) for a 180 Shabah? Thanx

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: Parts for a 1996 Shabah

If you are looking for fiberglass or vinyl(structure, interior etc.) then your only options are salvage(not very likely given the age) or custom replacements(expensive).

All other equipment(running gear, gauges, etc) were purchased from other suppliers and installed by Mariah. Click the marine store link at the top of this page.

jchemotti

Recruit

Thanks for the information. Is there some kind of clearinghouse of information about salvage yards?

Also, I'd like to do some retrofitting of the boat seats, as the original seats were stolen from this boat. I'm especially interested in the captain's and mate seats, which I believe were on pedestals.

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but here goes: the thing is, if I purchase them, how are they installed? Does there have to be access under the floor, (which is plywood under the rug) or do they just screw in from above?

I don't know anyone else to ask, so I really value the advice that is given here.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Mariah seats were often stolen, as were other parts that had the crest on them. You can just screw the seat bases into the floor but a better option would be toggles. Get stainless ones from a marine supplier, (they will also require a smaller hole than regular toggle bolts).

Seat hardware is universal, so just find a couple of seats that you like, get the right length pedestals and set them in place.

Also, there is no centralization of marine salvage like there is for autos, so the internet and phone book will be your starting point for used parts.