Long Island Yacht Sales - Fraudulent Act

lostatsea2007

Recruit
I purchased a new 2007 Pilot 30 II from Glen at LIYS. I went for the $8.5k option for the Awlgrip Flag Blue hull. I received the boat in the water and everything looked fine to an untrained eye, but the finish on the hull was never complete and as I investigated the issue I found out how LIYS stays in business because I now know it is not through referrals. Glen boughtt a white hulled boat from Mainship, which I verified via the VIN# and he had the hull sprayed at Bogarts auto body shop up the street for a fraction of the price. It was also sprayed with PGB, a urethane paint but not Awlgrip. What I now realize is that the hull has an orange peel finish as a result of a quick turn job by Bogarts where they never wet sanded the boat down after the initial spray. I realized the problem because I was having a small surface scratch being repaired and the marina enlightened me on what the issue is to feather the finish which is nearly impossible since they finish is so rough. I spoke with Arron Krenzer and Jim Krueger (VP of Operations at Mainship) and they stated that they were disappointed with Glen and had hoped that he would do the right thing but he is an independent dealer and could not force the issue - so I have to take this on myself. I wish I would have realized it sooner so I could take legal action. I would never recommend Long Island Yachts Sales because I now understand that I am not the first to have serious issues with them. They, Glen especially, work any avenue possible to turn a quick buck and that hurts when you invest $200k on a boat. I feel that Mainship is also responsible as well because they cannot ensure the quality of their product and take a hands-off position once it leaves their plant. Hopefully this reaches someone that results in at least one person being spared from such a heartbreaking situation. Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue with LIYS would also be appreciated.