Mach 1 (by Freedom Boats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

randys2370

Recruit
Re: Mach 1 (by Freedom Boats)

I bought a 1985 condor a two years ago for $2,000. I put 6,500 hundred into it and now have a brand new boat. Check out the pics!!! I purchased new seats from Kendor Marine in Wisconsin and finished the interior based on the color of the seats. Added trim tabs to it, otherwise the engine and drive are original. I have the 5.7L 260HP Merc with an alpha drive.

Attachments

• Final 2.jpg
    Final 2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Final 6.jpg
    Final 6.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 10
  • Final 5.jpg
    Final 5.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12

randys2370

Recruit
Re: Restoring Striping on Gelcoat

Re: Restoring Striping on Gelcoat

Try wet sanding it, I did that with mine. Started with 600 wet, 1000 wet and then two passes with a polisher. Finish up with wax. The attached picture is the final product.....I could not believe the gel coat came all the way back after 25 years.

Attachments

• IMG00156-20100618-1252.jpg
    IMG00156-20100618-1252.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 3

mattarndt

Recruit

Hello-
I just bought a 1986 Mach 1 Concorde with a Mercruiser 454 Magnum (I'm told that Bill Felt owned this boat until 5 years ago, when he sold it to the guy I bought it from -- college buddies). Titles should be in the mail tomorrow, along with manuals and paperwork for the motor (new 5/2010). I'm planning to do a bit of restoration work on the boat and I'm trying to find as much information as possible before I dive in. Does any one have or know where I can find a manual or any other paperwork for the Concorde boats? The guy I bought this boat from called Mr. Felt last week to inquire about top speed and fuel economy, so I'll ask him to call him back to see if he can track anything down. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

tedhrs

Seaman Apprentice

I've got a 22' 1989 Condor MV2250/MV2350 (don't remember the model number). It's powerd by a Mercruiser 350 Magnum V8 pushing 270hp with the Alpha 1 outdrive. I've done regular maint. to her and love it. She is heavy but cruises great around 40 mph with a 21p prop. Pulls tubes and skiers great too. My only issue with it being the cuddy cabin is that there is no bow anchor locker. I'm going to redo the sundeck and bench seat covers this winter. I have the sport top and just put a Bimini top on it this past weekend. i would love to know if there is a way to get a full cockpit cover. I mean all the snaps are there. Anyone have one?

fazmag

Recruit

I just bought this 85 Concord Mach 1 O/B

Attachments

• 2011-07-08_18-53-18_730.jpg
    2011-07-08_18-53-18_730.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 7

Hey everyone i just bought a boat last night and i cant find out what kind it is. On the boat it says Champion Mach 1. But that dosent seem right. Can anyone help me on this issue?

waterdog62

Recruit
.Re: Mach 1 Owners Manual

.Re: Mach 1 Owners Manual

I have an owners manual that i cant get down to a size small enough for upload. Any recommendations, its 55MB.
I recently ran across my original packaging which included the owners manual for my 1988 Mach 1 Condor 2350 single 454 and stock. I think this could be of tremendous help to alot of our mach 1 folks. Loaded with great info. I've had this boat for about 12 years. Its the most dependable boat I've ever owned. I run a 25 pitch prop which will hit 65 mph if i am low and alone. I am going to try and download this manual, it is approx 40 pages so if it doesnt work, email me and we can figure a way to get to ya another way. Its not a perfect copy, my scanning skills are not great but its very readable.
Hello, all ! I know it's been awhile, but I've been very busy. I have researched the Mach 1 line of boats since some of you have asked about them. Here is what I've found out:

Bill Felt was an officer of Glastex Co. (boats). He apparently started Mach 1 Boats as part of Felt Industries. Felt Ind. was bought out in March of 1991 by Freedom Boats, who then produced Mach 1 Boats by Freedom Boats. After this, things get a bit sketchy, but Kyte River Boat Co. bought the molds from Freedom Boats in 1998. One of the molds (for the MV2200 Playmate) was sold to Luxor Marine in 2003.

In 1991, Bill Felt-along with his wife Genevieve, Derick Espeut, naval architect, and Mr. Chick Powell, also of Mach 1 Boats-started Envision Boats. Bill passed away in 1997.

OK. With the little bit of history I have been able to dig up out of the way, I'd like to mention that my MV2700 Concorde weighs in at about 4,750 pounds dry, measures 26.58 feet in length and has a 96 inch beam. Since mine is a 1987 model, it came with Alphas on the back behind twin 330 HP Mercruisers. My particular boat also has radar, GPS with chartplotter, microwave and fridge. I've posted pictures elsewhere in iboats.

I'm still trying to find a list of suppliers to Mach 1 Boats since I need a frame for one of my port-o-lites and I cannot find a supplier. If anyone has this information, I would be most grateful to learn of it.

Degree
1987 Mach 1 MV2700 Concorde

kevin murphy

Recruit

Just thought I'd add a picture of the boat on the water (needless to say, the hat didn't last beyond the first time I hit the throttles !!!!!).

I own a 1990 Mach 1 Spitefire. The production tag says Feldt Industries. Can anyone tell me anything about it. I'm thinking about selling it. But not sure how rare it is. It has a 4.3 Chevy w/a volvo outdrive......

painthorsman

Cadet
Hi All... been a long time since I've been on the I Boats Forum and I moved from Montana to the Missouri Ozarks a year ago...we just bought a kind of a rare / one of a kind...maybe? It's a 1980 20' Mach 1 By Glastex open bow. It has an OMC 260 ( 350 GM) and 800 Stringer Drive. It was purchased new at KC Marine and stored inside when not in a slip at Lake of The Ozarks, since day one. When the owner passed away in 1999, his daughter inherited it. It had only been used about four or five times since 99. They decided that $80.00 a month inside storage was too much over the 30+ years the boat had been in the family and posted it on Craigslist.
I GOT IT!!! Other than having ten year old gas in the tank and a varnished up carb, she's still like new... inside and out. The upholstery and interior look more like a three or four year old boat than one that's over 30. The gel coat is almost perfect with no spidering or cracking anywhere. The only flaws are a couple of small dock damage dings in the gel coat that are dime size or less high on the hull, where she bumped against a dock post or something. This boat is a transition boat that was built when Glastex took over Sea Star... "Im told" It has the Glastex and the Mach 1 badging on the side and Seastar on the Title. It also has the Sea Star trim level of " Bermuda" on the interior badging. There is a lot of wood that appears to be Teak in the interior. I rebuilt the carb, changed all the oils, took it to the lake and she runs great. I had to rebuild the tilt clutch...slipped. IMAG1592 copy.jpg

IMAG1590 copy.jpg IMAG1591 copy.jpg

jdinvt

Cadet
No Title

Hi everyone, it has been a long time since I have been on here but I just recently picked up a 87 Mach 1 Condore, 30ft, I think.. I would like to post some pics of it so you can let me know what you all think. It was listed as a 30ft, but I think its a 27, I could be wrong but let me know. It was also listed as having twin 340 chryslers in it but I think they are ford 460, 340hp, but I could be wrong on that as well but if someone could let me know on that, it would be appreciated too. It doesnt have a trailer which is a downfall but for the low, low price of.................... $250, I couldnt go wrong at all, I thought of it as a major deal but correct me if im wrong on that as well. Thank you for any comments and info if anyone has any....

Attachments

• photo224467.jpg
    photo224467.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
  • photo224468.jpg
    photo224468.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 5
  • photo224469.jpg
    photo224469.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo224470.jpg
    photo224470.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 5
  • photo224471.jpg
    photo224471.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 5
  • photo224472.jpg
    photo224472.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 4

jdinvt

Cadet

My friend has had two Mach 1's in the past as well. One of witch (27') was rumored to have belong to one of the Felt family at one time . It was a twin OMC 460 Ford boat. It supposidly had previeusly had a pair of killer SBC in it in earlier days. It was also a 1988. Before that he had a 84ish 23 footer with a 429 ford and a king cobra I think . Some of these rumors I speak of come from a man whom had dealings with Bill Felt and sold Mach 1's in East Peoria IL . His name is Bill Dohl with Proformance Marine . I gather that a number of hulls had cosmetic defects and were sold to Dohl and finished sorta as a reclaim project and then sold. I saw one infact last summer outside Sulivan IL and it had the strangest graph like marks under the surface of the paint/gelcoat. My friend told me that that may have been one of the reclaimed hulls .

I just purchased a mach 1 concorde with twin ford 460's in it, im just curious if anyone knows if it was a boat that came stock with them or if maybe its something the Felt family did because everyone that I can find info on had twin chevy big blocks or small blocks and NOT the twin fords. If anyone knows PLEASE let me know as I would like to know more history about this boat. Thanks

Krys81

Recruit
I recently inherited a 1993 Mach 1. 2450 marauder. It has about 300 hrs on it. Starting to restore interior little by little. Has 454. Don't know much about this boat. Hard to find info on it. Would love to have a manual. I do know it is 24 ft. Don't even know what it books for. But we have redone a lot so far and seems like we have a long way to go. Will try to upload some images. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Zeppelin

Recruit
Just resurrecting this old thread. Was a website ever put together to keep track of the Mach 1 information?

rdbreeding

Recruit
Hey there "Mach 1" owners. Bought an 84 Mach 1, 20 foot (19' 10") with a Mercury 898 and alpha outdrive. Tuned her all up and she runs great. She struggles to get on plane with two adults and 2 kids in the boat. Mechanic says most likely wrong prop. It has a 14.25" x 19p on it now. I looked up the on the Mercruiser site and 898's pared with the early alphas ised anywhere from 13P to 26P and 13.5" dia to 16" Original equipment.
Any suggestions appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.