Need advice on lund 1675 impact and 90hp merc 4 stroke

cburbee

Recruit
Hi and thanks for checking out my post. Looking for some advice regarding my setup. I have a 2012 lund 1675 impact with a 2012 90hp merc 4 stroke. Its great with just me and my wife in the boat but add one more person and it has a very hard time out of the hole. Add one more yet again and im lucky to get out of the hole. I can get this thing up to 40mph with 3 people but having major hole shot issues. I am running a SS 19P prop. Anyone else have sluggish hole shot issues with this thing? Majority of comments I find on 90hp merc is that it has plenty of power up to 18 foot boat. Was thinking of trying out a 17P or 15P prop but not sure what else to do. I run around 5500rpm maxed out as it stands. I have popped out my exhaust holes in the prop as someone advised me that could help but didnt do much. Have also installed a whale tale which helped a very small amount. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This motor also misfires typically once a trip. Tried finding any info or someone else having this issue and havent had luck. You will be going along at full speed and the engine dies for a split second almost sending me through the windshield but then picks right back up again. Because it is so intermittent techs wont help me. Again any advice on this would be great.

Kush

Recruit
Re: Need advice on lund 1675 impact and 90hp merc 4 stroke

Sorry to hear about your issues... I have a 2013 Impact 1675 and 2013 Merc 90 4 stroke and don't have any of the issues you speak of. I am running a 4 blade spitfire prop...I cant remember the pitch off the top of my head...I can take a look next time im at my storage unit.

I usually fish 2-3 people in the boat, however I have had up to 5 adults for a leisure cruise and was surprised how good the hole shot was with that load.

There were a few trips last summer where I had 4 guys (800+ lbs) in my boat for fishing trips and I was surprised how well the boat and motor performed overall. Hole shot was good considering the load and I was still getting top end 35+ SOG. For comparison...With a full tank and just me alone the best ive reached is 43 SOG.

Never had any of the misfire issues...I have been very happy with my setup. The only issue I have is the size...I am gonna be upgrading this year for more room. For fishing 2 guys its perfect. 3 or more is too cramped unless vertical jigging.

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Make sure you are propped to reached optimum rpm. After that I would simply play with tilt and trim for hole shot. Not sure where you should be but my 115 I think should run 6200 rpm.

cburbee

Recruit

Thanks for the replies!! It sounds like I should try to pitch down on my prop and I'll have to try a 4 blade. Will play around with it this summer. I have tried everything with the trim and hasn't made a difference. Seems best hole shot happens when trimmed all the way down. How would I adjust tilt though?

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry, you dont tilt under load. Trim only when throttling up. All the way down doesn't make sense for hole shot. Got any pics of the stern of the boat? as for the misfiring are you sure thats what it is doing? Check BOTH fuel filters. That is what my problem was.

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have the same problem with my 14.75 Rebel 30 hp. If I put both batteries in the back the way they set it up. I can't even get it to plane.

Don