Lund Newbie Here

Underblog

Seaman Apprentice
lund.jpgA summer neighbor of mine is selling what appears to be a 2001 Lund Pro Sport 1600, with walk through windshield and canvas top, 4 seats, and a 70 HP Johnson motor. The first thing that confused me is that the seller referred to the boat as an "Alaskan", which clearly does not seem to be the case. The second thing that confuses me is that he has repeatedly mentioned the "two livewells", an option not listed in the 2001 catalog.

Evidently, the first two owners put hardly any hours on the boat, but the current owner has used it the past two summers very regularly to commute back and forth to shore (we both have water access only places).

Is there anything I should look for, aside from the usual condition things, e.g. checking to make sure the bilge pump is not running constantly, etc?

The boat does not come with a trailer. Does anyone here have a suggestion for a brand / style of trailer that would be best suited to this boat?

Also, what seems like a fair ball park price range for this craft? It looks to be in excellent condition, as I see him motor by each day in the thing.

I thank you in advance for sharing your collective wisdom with me.

Last edited:

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Lund Newbie Here

You may have a late 2000 Alaskan, or early Pro Sport. Things change. 2 livewells or a single livewell with a seperate "baitwell" may have been available. check 2000 and 2002 catalogs. you may just have a mix of things. Nothing major to check for other than usual stuff. I have a galvanized shorelander with bunks and won't use anything else but a trailer is a trailer. Prices are typically higher for used Lunds than others of sime size and horsepower. Hard to tell from the pic.