SS Starboard Console Debacle on an Lund 18' SSV

rnds76b

Cadet
Brought my 2006 18" tiller SSV to a Lund dealer for upgrade. Verbally contracted with him to install the SS Starboard console with full windshield.

Went to pick the boat up 2 1/2 months later (won't bore you with the entire debacle) and he's got some ugly aluminum thing (that looks like it should be on a racing boat) installed as my "console." No windshield. Not even somewhere to put a windshield. Merely a support for the steering wheel.

Claims it's what Lund sent him, based on the boat's serial number (Canadian).

Fact is, the aft two holes (pre-drilled at factory) on the top of the seat where the "console" is installed aren't even used to attach this monstrosity.

From what I can tell from pictures on the Lund website, the SS console attaches to those aft holes and probably the aft, vertical seat support wall (aluminum).

Again, from pics, can't believe the Canadian version of this boat is any different from the American. The "layout" of my boat is identical to the specs on the Lund website for an 18" SSV tiller model.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the American and Canadian models? If I had to guess, I'd suspect it has nothing to do with the interior design/layout of the boat, but more with flotation, safety features, etc.

Also, has anyone ever installed an SS Starboard console on a Canadian or American 18" SSV tiller model, or know if that console would fit on my boat? Sure looks like it from the pics on Lund's website.

Am fairly well convinced I was "hosed."

What a nightmare!

Thanks in advance for any help,

****Micl Pics 061.jpgMicl Pics 062.jpgMicl Pics 064.jpg

rnds76b

Cadet
Re: SS Starboard Console Debacle on an Lund 18' SSV

P.S.

Pic of the SS Starboard console that I wanted attached....

Command-Console10-1024x680.jpg

Thanks again,

low277

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have never seen a Lund with the console that they installed on your boat. I googled lund ssv side console and lots of images come up showing ssv lunds with the console that you wanted installed on them.

Have you tried contacting Lund?

rnds76b

Cadet

Yeah...I've never seen this type of console either...only the kind I wanted...I've left three messages for my area rep at Lund...no callback...now his mailbox is full and won't take any more messages...what a way to run a company....