corrosion problem

mornrun430

Cadet
I bought a 1700 pro sport brand new in 2007. I take it to lake winnepauskee for 1 week every year and that is the only time it stays docked in the water . I take it long island sound 4-5 times a year . If anyone has ever seen me clean my boat at home in the driveway after every trip they would call me insane. my boat stays in a garage that I built off my shed . The problem I am having is that every year that goes by I am getting corrosion around 50% of the screws in the transom area. It gets worse wnd worse. I love everything about my boat and I just want to get this fixed . Does anyone have suggestions on how to end the corossion and fix the bubbling paint ? And also I have a tremendously difficult tim finding and buying any parts for my boat. The dealer where I bought the boat acts like Iam ruining their lives anytime I ask them to order anything. Appreciate any help I can get.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: corrosion problem

I'm guessing there might be some galvanic corrosion going on. What material are the screws made of? They may not be compatible with aluminum. If the screws are from the factory, you may have a valid warranty claim.