Lund 1600 Sportsman Fuel Sender

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanMac

Recruit
Have a Lund 2000 1600 adventure pro Sport with a Honda 50. Following basic Fall/Spring maintenance procedures, the boat has been flawless. Since coming out of storage in the early spring, the fuel gauge needle is pinned passed the Full markings. I have had no time to troubleshoot. I plan on using this upcoming weekend to resolve the issue. Using some excellent notes found in this forum, I will verify whether it is an electrical issue or a sender unit issue.
I believe the fuel tank in the centre beam area of the boat, somewhere in the center of the boat.
A quick look at the boat yesterday morning, I searched the carpeted floor. Though it was in the early morning light, I didn't see an easy access to the fuel tank. I was hoping someone might have some pointers, or a picture of how to access the sender unit. If I will be required to replace, I'd like to get the model # off it to ensure I purchase the correct replacement. Should I purchase a direct replacement from Lund or would an aftermarket manufactured unit be advisable?

Thanks, and happy boating!

grins,
mike

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lund 1600 Sportsman Fuel Sender

my pro v the floor is screwed down. its a 2000 1775.there is a small panel to access pumps and livewell valves. the large panel gives me access to 30 gal fuel tank

Status
Not open for further replies.