2011 Honda 25 Hp, 4 stroke...

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi to all,
It's been a while since my last post, sorry about that....So today we bought a new 2011 Honda 4 stroke 25 Hp for our 2010 Lund WC 14 ,this guy will keep company to it's little brother 2010 Honda 4 stroke 2 Hp. I have a few questions so i'm here to ask the pros.I would like to add some security to our outboards...like making them difficult to be stolen,i did look on McGuard site and they have some stuff...what is your guys (and ladies) opinion on this locks, are there alternatives to making our proud and joy theft-proof ?...should i worry about the prop from beeing stolen ?,most prop locks seem to be for larger motors...i guess they would also be a lot more expensive to replace...
Opinions please and please don't hesitate to voice your opinion on the Honda motors.

P.S. What recommendations do you have on Biminis ?. On show your Lund a fellow Lund-er has a Bimini with clear vinyl sides,is that a deluxe model ar they all come with the sides that zipper up ?, and my last question for tonight...what's your opinion on Optima Marine Blue top batteries ?

Thank you,
Dan:)

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2011 Honda 25 Hp, 4 stroke...

Hi to all,
So i'm going to reply to my own thread...even thow i havent mounted our new 2011 Honda 25 Hp on our 2010 Lund WC14 boat ,and that's only because we still have a foot of snow all around us...(only 1.5 hours on water) my wife and i think that we made the right decision, after all we already own a 2010 Honda 2 Hp that did better than fine on a huge lake...(Slave Lake,AB-Canada) so we expect that our new Honda will not disapoint.
For the bimini thing i asked members of the forum to recommend...it's ok, we are going with Carver bimini with Sunbrealla top...
Could somebody sheed some (light) comments on our new outboard and bimini...BTW i'm going to install a Sony marine stereo with a set of Alpine speakers in our boat as well...for battery i got us an Optima blue top marine batt...it should do ok...can somebody comment on this choices...:).
Thank you,
Dan:)
P.S. Lund and Honda...how can you go wrong ?!

skycries57

Cadet

sorry for the late response but i too have a wc14 and 15hp yamaha. i use a home depot bought "braided cable" key lock that is about 3/8" thick and run the tip of the cable through the drain hole then through the opening shaft of the motor then lock er' up. or you can buy the bar clamp lock that locks the handle clamps together, but that is such a hassle. Get braided and not twisted cable. if a bolt cutter is used on the 3/8" braided, it would take forever for it to get through.
I miss my 2004 20hp honda, it was super quiet, but now i have a 2005 15hp yamaha 4 stroke that came with the boat and has less than 10hrs so I cannot complain, kinda vibrates and is a little louder. maybe in a year or two i'll get a 25hp honda too!

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Since the "big" motor is quite expensive we plunged a lot of dow on an ABUS outboard lock from Germany and paired it with McGard locks...
Dan