cracks in dashboard

retired93

Recruit
I picked up my 2004 Pro Sport yesterday from storage and discovered the dashboard on drivers side badly cracked. My dealer tells me this is a common problem with Lunds. I am still waiting to hear back from the company. Anyone know anything about this issue?

fasassvalk

Seaman
Re: cracks in dashboard

I dont know about newer one's but my 98 1800 pro-v has cracks also.

bigrockk

Cadet

I realize this is an older thread but thought I would chime in anyway.

2007 Pro-sport with a cracked dash on both sides. The boat had only been in the water a couple of times when I bought it. After the cracks started to appear I contacted Lund and was told because I was not the registered owner warranty would not apply.

Later on I noticed on several forums that people who had purchased there boats second hand were receiving warranty.

I contacted Lund again and was told had I registered as the owner I may have received warranty but now the warranty period had expired so I was out of luck.

So all the rep had to do the first time I contacted them was to inform me that I COULD register the boat in my name.

The experience has left a bad taste in my mouth as to how Lund treats customers.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I realize this is an older thread but thought I would chime in anyway.

2007 Pro-sport with a cracked dash on both sides. The boat had only been in the water a couple of times when I bought it. After the cracks started to appear I contacted Lund and was told because I was not the registered owner warranty would not apply.

Later on I noticed on several forums that people who had purchased there boats second hand were receiving warranty.

I contacted Lund again and was told had I registered as the owner I may have received warranty but now the warranty period had expired so I was out of luck.

So all the rep had to do the first time I contacted them was to inform me that I COULD register the boat in my name.

The experience has left a bad taste in my mouth as to how Lund treats customers.

This may be a case of unrealistic expectations. I seriously doubt any boat company would honor a warranty where the owner isn't registered.

bigrockk

Cadet

I believe you misunderstood the point of my post. When I first made contact, the Lund rep could have simple informed me to register as the owner of the boat in order to receive coverage.

babaluey

Recruit

I bought on '04 ProSport 1700 this winter. The dashboard was already badly cracked, so I knew I would want to address it. I considered everything from throwing a piece of carpet over it to full replacement. Opted for the latter, but not interested in just putting on another factory piece of crap. I bought a 36" x 36" piece of 3/16" aluminum plate, patterned and cut all the pieces, and had a shop weld it for me. A little work with a grinder and sander, and it turned out pretty well. I don't think this will crack. Next year might do the passenger side.

First time I've posted here, hope these images work.
1r.jpg3r.jpg4r.jpg5r.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 0

low277

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow! nice metal working skills.