2000 Fisherman 1800 - Front livewell not working

ddlaz

Cadet
Hi all. I have a 2000 Lund Fisherman 1800 with a front and rear livewells. The rear livewell fills up easily but the front one gets no water. Is there a separate livewell pump? I haven't removed the panel under the console but I took a picture and I can see 2 hoses going into the livewell, one from the hull and another going down under the livewell.
Looking at the bilge area, I see the livewell pump going to a tee that splits off into the rear livewellS. I have two livewells in the rear. One is currently plugged to act as storage or cooler.

Do I have two livewell pumps? if so, where is the second one? under the bow electronics cubby hole?

Also, can someone explain how the automatic aerator feature works? My old bass boat's automatic aerator just seemed to pump every 10 mins or so. Do you plug the drain hole with the automatic feature? no chance of overfilling?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Hard to tell what somebody else may have done to any boat. However, If you think you only have one live well pump that splits for the front, plug the inlet of the rear live well inlet and see if you get water to the front. Another idea is to hose water into the front and see if it drains out the back. When you have an automatic aerator system, you should have an overflow outlet that allows the aerator to pump more fresh water in and the overflow drain allows the excess to run out. So there is no need to do anything with the live well but plug the main drain until you are ready to empty that live well. Hope that isn't too confusing.

ddlaz

Cadet
Good idea. I'll try the plug method.
Understood on the livewell deal.
Thanks.

ddlaz

Cadet
plugged the rear livewell, pump stopped pumping. opened up the other rear livewell and pump continued to pump.
I am not sure how there would be a 2nd livewell pump up front seeing as there is no livewell pickup up front -- unless the pickup is also the drain hole in the bottom of the hull up front. I can see a hose coming from the front livewell going under the livewell but without pulling the panels/floor, I don't know where it goes.

dbuffington

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi ddlaz!

I just bought a 2002 Fisherman 1800, and it took us awhile to figure out the livewell system ...

On my 2002, there is only one pump feeding all three livewells. The trick to the front livewell is the fill spout, which is hard to see near the top edge of the livewell and which doubles as a fill valve.

Once you find the spout/valve, turn it counterclockwise to open. Turn on the livewell pump, and it will start to fill. The hole on the bottom is a drain, which empties out through a hole in the bottom of the boat.

Hope that helps!
Dave