1998 Lund 1950 Tyee Windshield Hinge

thebubba

Cadet
I just acquired a 1998 Lund Tyee model 1950. It has a walk through windshield. The walk through piece is currently not attached. It has built in hing pieces the fit over pins permanently attached to the side piece. It appears there are two black plastic pieces that slide into place to put pressure against the pins and hold the it in place. One of these is missing. I cannot seem to locate anyplace to purchase this little piece to correct the problem. Does anyone have any ideas where I could buy this? I love this boat after I replaced the rotten transom!

thebubba

Cadet
No Title

Thank you for the reply. It is a little different than the clip you are referring to. I am attaching a picture to help. Thank you for any help you can provide. The windshield has two of these clips. I have the one in the picture. I need a second clip.

Attachments

• photo242218.JPG
    photo242218.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 0

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Well I've looked through greatlakesskipper and they didn't have anything that resembled it. I looked at ebay, and no luck there either. I'll let you know if I can find anything.

~YEG

thebubba

Cadet
I really appreciate the help. I guess if I can't find the part I can always grind off the built in hinges and go with a piano hinge or something, but I would prefer not to do that.

rebmo

Seaman
Have you tried a Lund dealer or Lund? I know that's a older model boat but still a worthy craft. I've found parts for my 2006 readily available that I never would have thought they would be able to get. I'd give it a try if you haven't yet. Maybe they could point you to the source they used if they can't stock or order.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Nothing Lund could do, and Taylor Made was a no go. Basically it's a water bonnet windshield and Taylor Made bought out water bonnet around 2008 and made the majority of the parts obsolete.