Installing transducer on Lowe 1860CC

RangerJ

Cadet
I have seen zillions of posts in various places pertaining to installing transducers on aluminum boats. I know how to do it; I just have a question.

What I can't find is Lowe's hull warranty policy as it pertains to drilling holes in it. I have worn a hole in the internet looking for a copy.

I have just bought a 2013 Lowe 1860CC. When I say just, I mean the dealer is still prepping it. I note on various websites that some Lowe boats come with transducer mounts. Since I don't have and can't find a manual so far, I wonder what the are referring to.

I notice my boat has a 2x6 (approximately) aluminum tab on the bottom of both sides of the hull where it meets the transom. I thought they fixed trim tabs, but now I wonder if they are the transducer mounts I read about. If so, I won't have to drill the hull at all.

I would appreciate some insight into this question.

RangerJ

Cadet
Re: Installing transducer on Lowe 1860CC

I have seen zillions of posts in various places pertaining to installing transducers on aluminum boats. I know how to do it; I just have a question.

What I can't find is Lowe's hull warranty policy as it pertains to drilling holes in it. I have worn a hole in the internet looking for a copy.

I would appreciate some insight into this question.

I spoke to the dealer two days ago. He said it was ok to install a transducer through the hull if you used 5200 or something around the holes. He also said it was ok to use a transducer mounting plate.