• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where To Buy Lowe Trailer Parts?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where To Buy Lowe Trailer Parts?

Or does a different company make them?

I just bought a new to me Lowe FM165 with trailer. Well, I'm not use to the extra length of towing compared to my 14' Lund. I hit a metal pole while pulling into the gas station within the 1st 10mins of owning it. Good thing it was there protecting the pump stations....

Anyways, clipped my fender up really good. How do I go about replacing it? Or can I just buy any fenders online and it'll fit no problems? Currently being held together with ducktape.

Re: Where To Buy Lowe Trailer Parts?

Originally posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Or does a different company make them?

I just bought a new to me Lowe FM165 with trailer. Well, I'm not use to the extra length of towing compared to my 14' Lund. I hit a metal pole while pulling into the gas station within the 1st 10mins of owning it. Good thing it was there protecting the pump stations....

Anyways, clipped my fender up really good. How do I go about replacing it? Or can I just buy any fenders online and it'll fit no problems? Currently being held together with ducktape.
    Here ya go,,,,,,
    http://www.karavantrailers.com/site_...enders-PDF.pdf
    mail: Karavan Trailers
    100 Karavan Drive
    P.O. Box 27
    Fox Lake, WI 53933

customer service parts and warranty: 1 920 928 6200

fax: 1 920 928 6201

email: help@karavantrailers.com
    Jim
    Lowe FSM165
    sigpic
    USMC 67-70 > Nam 67-69 "Leatherneck Square

Comment

Karavan makes Lowe trailers?

Comment

Originally posted by BoatNoobie View Post
        Karavan makes Lowe trailers?
        Yes, their owners manual came with my FM165 package....
        Jim
        Lowe FSM165
        sigpic

Comment

Yup, it actually cause me some headaches registering mine, since some of the paperwork says Lowe and some says Karavan. You might check the Trailer Parts Superstore also, I bought parts there that are identical to the ones on my trailer.
          Last edited by RicMic; July 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

I forgot to mention, mine is a 2005. Dont know if that matters. On the title, it does say Lowe though.

Comment

Mines a 2006, it says Lowe on the registration and Karavan on the warranty.

Comment

just talked to Karavan, my VIN is not a Karavan VIN.

So in 2005, Lowe's trailers made by someone else.

Any clue?

*edit*

Called up Lowe's and got to talk to someone on the 1st ring, lol.

Yacht Club Trailers for 2005 models.

Comment

Originally posted by nam6869usmc View Post
                  Yes, their owners manual came with my FM165 package....
                  wow, I barely got squat in my package. The dealer cobbled it together with stuff lying around their shop. I was not amused. Talk about piss poor service. I made sure to tell Lowe about how they operate. I never got an actual Lowe manual for my boat. But from what I heard, it's very generic and not of much use. The rest I have (except trailer one). My trailer is a ShoreLander from Lowe. Very nice trailer, just too damn long in the tongue!
                  2009 Lowe FM165

Comment

I'm not impressed with Yacht Club. They havent responded to my email inquires in 2 days.

With Karavan, they replied the next day. And when I responded back. They replied within the hr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggyboot View Post
                      wow, I barely got squat in my package. The dealer cobbled it together with stuff lying around their shop. I was not amused. Talk about piss poor service. I made sure to tell Lowe about how they operate. I never got an actual Lowe manual for my boat. But from what I heard, it's very generic and not of much use. The rest I have (except trailer one). My trailer is a ShoreLander from Lowe. Very nice trailer, just too damn long in the tongue!
                      I have to say, my Dealer/Saleman was very very professonial, day of pickup went through the whole package in a large waterproof zip lock folder(Lowe Manual, Merc Manual, Trail Manual, Lowrance x50 & some other stuff....then went over every thing concerning my boat. Then they took a picture for their Website.

Jim
                      Lowe FSM165
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X