1963 Lone Star "Biscayne"

63biscayne

Recruit
My "New" old boat....1963 lone star biscayne, 1963 evinrude 75 hp speedifour...:D....Any suggestions on how to repair pitting on logo,horn,bow light,chrome pieces will be greatly appreciated...:confused:...

canon017.jpg

canon025.jpg

canon021.jpg

canon037.jpg

Last edited:

Steve A W

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1963 Lone Star "Biscayne"

Sorry I can't help with your question, I just want to tell You it looks
like a great project.
Nice looking boat!
Good Luck with Your restore.
Steve A W

63biscayne

Recruit

Thanks...I am sorta semi retired and hopefully this will keep me from being so bored and in my wifes way all the time:redface:...She tells me she can find lots of things for me to do around the house....but an't none of them fun...;)

Flapless

Recruit

I just bought a similar 1963 Lonestar Biscayne a few weeks ago. I was looking for a project boat and fell in love with it's classic lines. By the looks of things mine needs a heck of a lot more work. I see your's still has the original colour.

The chrome finish has pitted on all of my hardware as well. Although I'm months away from getting it back on the boat. The little research I've done into refinishing it suggests that do it yourself spray-on "chrome" doesn't provide similar results to a professional chrome platting finish.
I haven't priced it out yet.... but my plan was to grind down all the old chrome with the dremel and have a pro re-plate it.
Cheers,
Flapless

Attachments

• IMG_1703.jpg
    IMG_1703.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 0

witenite0560

Petty Officer 1st Class

I picked up a Biscayne last summer as a project. I've been trying to find some information on it. I found an old sales brochure on line that says in 1963 they came in only one color, as yours appears to be. I don't know what year mine is, but the hull is yellow and the top is white. The yellow appears to be original. I believe the Biscayne was only available from 1962 through 1965. Does anyone know if or when it was available in yellow? Thanks!