24 foot lonestar inb/outb cabin cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpartain

Recruit
Re: 24 foot lonestar inb/outb cabin cruiser

I have a 1966 Chrysler Lone Star Cabin Cruiser (aluminum hull) with a Mercury I/O. It has the original GM straight 6 cylinder engine. It has the fiberglass cabin top. Earlier models had an aluminum cabin top.

I've replaced most of the wood.

I just finished cleaning it up after 5 years in storage and it started right up with the old gas which I may or may not have added stabilizer 5 years ago.

Attachments

• LoneStar.JPG
    LoneStar.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 2

Mustonka

Recruit

Your boat looks great. I just purchased a 1970 Lone Star Chrysler Cruiseliner. It's a basket case. I'm so excited about restoring it. I would like to get in touch with you through e-mail. Please contact me at EDIT: email address removed Thanks, Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

lakepirate

Recruit

I got a 74 Chrysler Sun Cruiser through a mishap and have desired to do a restoration to it. Slant six w/ Volvo 250 out drive. Previous owner said he had it running and may have however he had placed plywood on the cockpit deck which he attempted to fiberglass and I have since removed because it had rotted. I am curious as to what the floor/decking was originally? Hull and interior are in good shape, paint is chalky on exterior and needs to be redone. Glad to know that some other people have the same vessel. Would like to hear about your boat project also. My e mail is EDIT: contact info removed

Last edited by a moderator:

kdb01

Cadet

Hi guys, nice pics, does anyone know where i can get detailed technical info about the 24 feet lonestar aka Chrysler cruiseliner 111? floor plans, engine types, pictures of inside layout, anything would be nice.

Mustonka

Recruit

The factory original manual for the boat is still available, If you'll e-mail me at klg@aciglobal.com, I'll get the info. Thanks

Mustonka

Recruit

Nice boat. Did you have to do any body fill in the hull ? If so, what type of filler did you use? Thanks, Ken

Mustonka

Recruit

Does anyone have a good used exhaust manifold for a Mercruiser 160 HP 6 cyl. ?? It is in a 1969 Chrysler Cruiseliner III. Please contact me at klg@aciglobal.com Thanks, Ken

DianneB

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 1966 Cruise Liner III with a slant 6.

LoneStar26062010-1.jpg

1966LoneStar24

Recruit
Re: 24 foot lonestar inb/outb cabin cruiser I have a 1966 Cruise Liner III with a slant 6.
LoneStar26062010-1.jpg
You still have pictures of this boat as my father has acquired a '66 lonestar 24' and we are trying to find info on it as the slant 6 and outboard have some minor repairs but just trying to find some info since there are no plates or markings other than a plate that says lone star and sn#. Any help would be great full

Burning desire

Recruit
Nice boat. I just picked up on a1964 cruiseliner 24ft. Darn ugly right now but im gonna fix her up. Does anyone have any info to share on these boats . One thing i have been trying to fine out is how heavy are they with an inboard 6 cly. Thanks. Bruce.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Nice boat. I just picked up on a1964 cruiseliner 24ft. Darn ugly right now but im gonna fix her up. Does anyone have any info to share on these boats . One thing i have been trying to fine out is how heavy are they with an inboard 6 cly. Thanks. Bruce.

Far better to start a new thread than reply in one that's 12 years old. Check the library at Fiberglassics.com for specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.