Need help/info on 2010 Larson Senza 4.5L Mercruiser

cosurfr303

Recruit
Hello everyone, anyone. I have tried and tried to find some other online info about the Senza model and can find NOTHING. Nothing specific, just looking for general info, other owners. Curious you cant find anything about Senza even on the Larson homepage.

I do have a few questions - but first I'll put this out there. I am mechanically inept. I know how to drive my boat, put it in the water, take it out and thats about it :)
I have done some minor work to it, with the assistance of several mechanic friends but thats the extent of my knowledge:

1) I just brought this boat back to Colorado from Missouri. I was not super pleased with the performance of the boat, expected my "whip" out of the gate with that mercruiser engine. But it was enough to get me out of the water (200lbs) to wakeboard, if the boat was balanced correctly.....and that was enough.
NOW that I am in Colorado, I feel the lag is even worse. The shop that summer prep'd it for me mentioned that the prop pitch and gear ratio's need to be changed for altitude.
- My question - Do you think changing the gear ratio and prop will fix some of the performance issues? He also mentioned he could put a new drive into it and that wold help also.

I think that'll be it for now - I am really just looking for some source of knowledge or information/conversation about these boats. Thanks in advance

The Dude

cosurfr303

Recruit
And being new I just read the rules section and realize that this question may pertain more to the drive section or to the engine section, but I am also seeking general knowledge about Larson and the Senza model so hopefully I can leave it up for now :D