1997 LARSON 215 HAMPTON info

rock doc

Petty Officer 1st Class
We are seriously considering a LARSON 215 HAMPTON 1997 CUDDY WITH NEW 5.7 MOTOR that was installed last year. VOLVO PENTA OUT DRIVE I/O 2004 SHORELANDER TRAILER 2 AXELS. 2 BATTERIES, COVER AND BIMINI TOP. CAN BE SEEN AT END OF JASPER MINE RD IN COLCHESTER VT. We currently have a 1990 All American 210 with a 175hp 4.3l. I am looking for something with no wood to worry about and a little more power for skiing. I think the Larson 215 may be a good option and seems pretty reasonably priced assuming it is good condition. It is an 9 hour drive to go see this boat so I want to do a little homework to help us decide if it worth the trip.

Anyone have expereince with this boat? I know that the engine compartment is going to be cramped...it is similar to what I have now and I find it hard to service. Guessing that is pretty typical on a 21' boat though.

Would really appreciate some advice.

rock doc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1997 LARSON 215 HAMPTON info

I am doing a bit of research and it seems that folks are seeing rot in the transom of some 1997 Larsons. Apparently some Larsons have glass stringers and wood core transoms. Would this 1997 215 Hampton be all glass or would there be some wood? If possible, I don't want any wood in my next boat.

rock doc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1997 LARSON 215 HAMPTON info

The other boat we are considering was a 1997 Chris Craft 21' Concept Cuddy Cabin. It is setup very similar to the Larson and I believe it is self bailing and it has a 5.7 volvo that is fuel injected. Don't know the engine hours yet. Both the CC and Larson are fresh water boats.