1972 Larson

mandvwagner

Seaman
Just got this boat as a project for me and my sons. Needs interior work but should be fun. Any Ideas on what model this is and great places to get the interior stuff for this boat?Queen Mary 016.jpgQueen Mary 011.jpgQueen Mary 012.jpgQueen Mary 013.jpgQueen Mary 014.jpg

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Re: 1972 Larson

Neat boat!

If you can find a brochure for a 40+ year old boat, you should buy a few lottery tickets on the same day, too!

Jim

mandvwagner

Seaman

Ok so I got the brochure and it is indeed a Shark 1600. So my question now is I was thinking about putting in Back-Back seats but now I see they used 2 swivel chairs and it had a bench seat across the back. Which option should I go with? I like the seat across the back but I am not sure where I would find one.

matt167

Captain

Make it how you want it.. Possibly you could do loungers ( back to back ) and a bench seat in the back. Loungers are generally just under 70" extended, so figure that when you see if you can fit a bench in back.. Use a folding chair to find the right placement for the helm seat and measure from there.. You can make a plywood bench seat pretty easy

mandvwagner

Seaman
Been a while since I posted here. I have a question for my Larson owner Friends. I put the rub rail back on last week but the boat didn't come with the corner caps or the nose cap. How would you all recommend making those? Or does anyone have some I could buy from them.