TV install in Cabrio 274

dacarter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've had my 274 for a few months now and always thought the flat bow wall in the cabin was a perfect spot for a flat screen. I don't have a generator (yet) so low power consumption was important, which is easy to find with today's LED backlit TV's. I purchased a 26" Magnavox from Fry's for about $175 which seemed to be perfect, light weight and only 35watts power consumption.

It took a while to figure how how the trim was installed, but eventually I removed the cream vinyl covered board, bought some new 1/2 plywood and traced out the shape. Cut a rectangle for the TV and covered in brown vinyl with a diamond pattern from Hobby Lobby (with thin padding underneath). I had to rig a steel bar across the back of the TV that mounts to the top two standard mounting holes (get 4M metric screws for this) which slides into some hardwood braces on the back. This holds the TV in fairly secure. I mounted a square digital antenna on the backside of the board ($17 from BigLots) and it pulls in 60+ digital channels in the Houston area (most of them crap of course). The TV is powered by a small 100w inverter and the sound is channeled through the boat's stereo AUX input. I've got a VGA cable connected for my laptop and an HDMI cable in case I need it.

BoatTV.jpg

ckalupa

Seaman
Re: TV install in Cabrio 274

nice job! Is it not amazing, 60 channels and still nothing to watch :)