04 Cabrio 310 refurb

tstewart1

Seaman Apprentice
Hello,

I picked up a 04 Cabrio 310 last fall and spent the winter working on it. Part of the refurb included the cabin area, specifically I did the following:

Removed the old cabinets
Removed the carpet
Removed the carpeted steps
Installed new teak/holly floors
Built and installed new cabinetry
Built and installed new teak steps
Cherry veneered some of the existing melamine walls
Installed LED courtesy lighting
Rebuilt the table tops to match new cabinetry

I also spent some time on some more mundane issues such as buffing / waxing the entire boat, replacing bilge pumps, etc. I am in the process of getting it painted now (blue strip from the water line to the rub rail like the 06's and above).

I have included to some before and after pictures.

cabinets-before.jpgPhoto Feb 26, 2 51 13 PM-1024.jpgPhoto Feb 26, 2 51 39 PM-1024.jpgfloor-new1-1024.jpg

Thanks

Tim

r.j.dawg

Ensign
Re: 04 Cabrio 310 refurb

Beautiful job man. "Wow" just doesn't describe it properly.

ckalupa

Seaman

Great job on the floors! Is that the nuteak or perfectTeak? I have a 98 and put in new carpets - the cabinet style on yours just pops with that floor. Nice job! And really nice work on the cabinets!

tstewart1

Seaman Apprentice

Hello,

I looked into Nuteak as well as the other synthetic products but opted to use teak / holly plywood instead. The synthetics are nice but they are expensive. If I were going to use them, I would use them on the topside, swim platform, etc. The plywood comes in 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 thickness and consists of a marine grade backer with 2mm thick strips of real teak/holly glued. The sheets are 4x8 and are very easy to install. The typical installation consists of making a paper template of the area then cutting out the patterns using the template as a guide. I used a weather proof floor adhesive to attach the floor to the subfloor. To finish the floor, just apply 4-7 coats of a high grade spar-varnish.

After doing my boat, a couple friends decided they wanted theirs down as well. In all, I have done 3 boats so far using that product and they all look great.

I purchased the material from: http://www.worldpanel.com/. Their prices were some of the best I found on the Internet.

Tim

Great job on the floors! Is that the nuteak or perfectTeak? I have a 98 and put in new carpets - the cabinet style on yours just pops with that floor. Nice job! And really nice work on the cabinets!

ckalupa

Seaman

You did an outstanding job with it. Thanks for the update!

KnotConnected

Petty Officer 1st Class

Damn man. I mean, ...wow. Have you had it in the water since? Is there any additional weight with the cabinets or does it sit to one side?
Truly inspiring!

Last edited: