Larson Cabrio 330 - head intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChesterG

Recruit
Just bought my 2nd boat (and luckily sold the first one a week later). I owned my old Bayliner for 9 years and just upgraded to a 2003 Larson Cabrio 330. So, there's quite a learning curve even though I had the various things for the old Bayliner down pretty well. Anyway, question of the day is the head intake. My bayliner used lake water and pulled that into the head instead of fresh water from the water system. Do you guys know if this boat uses fresh water or lake water for the head intake. And any idea if/where the seacock is to open it up? Right now it's not pulling in any water from any source to fill the bowl when the head is flushed.

Thanks for any help.

Gulfcoasters

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Larson Cabrio 330 - head intake

We had a 2007 310 and the systems are about the same. It does not use water from your water tank.
The sea **** will be either in the engine compartment near the holding tank or under the stairs in the cabin where the shower sump is.

ckalupa

Seaman

I have a 98 310 - on mine it is in the engine compartment right next to the intake for the air conditioner - straight down when you open the hatch.

PIPER MIKE

Cadet

I have a 2000 Larson Cabrio 330 and I believe that my head draws water from a tank on the port side of the engine and the fresh water for my sinks comes from a tank that is underneath the v-berth at the front of the boat. My Cabrio has a water fill Inlet on both the port side and starboard side of the boat. Are there any other 330 owners that can confirm this for me ? I am trying to figure out how to winterize the fresh water system for the sinks as they do not draw from the freshwater tank that is in the engine on the port side.

ckalupa

Seaman

I start by admitting that I am not familiar with the 2000 3000. In the engine compartment - are you sure you are not looking at the hot water heater/tank? The 98 310 the head takes the water direct from the lake via a sea **** located in the engine compartment close to the intake for the A/C. The fresh water tank is located below the floor by the stairs in the main cabin. Under the VBerth is the sewage holding tank albeit the water pump is located up there too. Both of these tanks are a white plastic. The water heater (in mine) is on the starboard side in the engine compartment. THis is a metal unit.

PIPER MIKE

Cadet

I have a large water tank on the port side of the engine and a sewage holding tank on the starboard side. The tank on the port side is filled by an inlet on the port side. There is another water inlet on the starboard side that fills another tank that I can only assume is at the front of the boat.

I turned the water system switch on to drain it and I hear a pum running to supply the sinks but it does not turn on the pump for the tank in my engine bay and I actually disconnected the engine bay tank and the taps were still running so I can only assume that the tank in the engine bay supplies the toilet ? Also, a few weeks ago my toilet stopped flushing properly and I discovered the inlet on the port side of the boat and after I filled it the toilet started working properly.

are there any 330 owners out there ??

dacarter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

On my Cabrio 274 the intake is just in front of the engine. It doesn't work for me and I have completely rebuilt the toilet. I just use the pull out facet when water is needed in the bowl.

willijaccs

Recruit

I have a 98 310 - on mine it is in the engine compartment right next to the intake for the air conditioner - straight down when you open the hatch.

When you open the hatch to the engine compartment, you should see 2 through hull valves. The starboard side should go directly to the engine cooling system. The port side should go to a hose of some kind that leads to the head (away from and not connected to the engines). **This is the set up on my '96 Cabrio 310 and I just followed the hose backwards from the pump to the source

PIPER MIKE

Cadet
When you open the hatch to the engine compartment, you should see 2 through hull valves. The starboard side should go directly to the engine cooling system. The port side should go to a hose of some kind that leads to the head (away from and not connected to the engines). **This is the set up on my '96 Cabrio 310 and I just followed the hose backwards from the pump to the source
The port side thru hull fitting on my 330 was never connected to anything. My head draws water from my port side water tank only. My sinks are fed from shore water and/or my forward tank under the cabin floor.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This still an old topic, it for reference only. Please do not post to topics with no activity for 90 or more days.

PIPER MIKE

Cadet
This still an old topic, it for reference only. Please do not post to topics with no activity for 90 or more days.
Why do you keep harrasing us with over moderation ? You are killing this seldom used section of the forum. It is still an unresolved topic and personally I am still interested in more replies as they come. Do you really want people to start a new thread to continue the same topic ?

dacarter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is rediculous... I have participated in many forums for close to 15 years and it's never a problem on those forums to post to an older thread if you have something to contribute. What's the harm? Please explain your unusual rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.