Speaker Removal, Larson LXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr150

Seaman
Hey guys, I'm stumped. I have a 06 208 LXI, and trying to figure out how to remove the rear speakers. For anyone with an LXI you know there is a mesh in front of the speakers. How in the world do you remove that to replace a speaker? It seems like that whole section is glued on and mounted to not be removed. Any ideas?

mrbignellie

Cadet
Re: Speaker Removal, Larson LXI

I have some bad news for you. I have an 08 LXI 228. Last fall I blew my starboard side rear speaker. I tried every which way but Sunday but was unable to do it myself. My dealership had to take down the entire side to get at the speaker. All of the throttle controls, etc. I had them mount new 6 1/2" inch speakers on the outside of the mesh allowing me to get at the speakers in the future. My boat is currently in the shop getting winterized. When I get it back I can attach a few pics for you if you would like. Hope this helps.

gsxr150

Seaman

Thanks for the reply. What kind of design is that where you cannot remove and replace a speaker? Looks like I will be leaving it for now. Yes if you have pictures handy, that would be great.

mrbignellie

Cadet

[/ATTACH]
Sorry for the delay. I completely forgot to download the pics

Attachments

• PA160206.JPG
    PA160206.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 5

HawkQFI

Cadet
OK this is an old thread but I have the same problem with my 208 LXi in that my rear right speaker does not work. Do you think that I could, instead of taking the side off, cut through the mesh to access the speaker and then also put the speaker grill on the outside of the mesh?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yes, it is an old thread. Start new topics instead of opening an old thread with no activity for 3 or months. Thanks.

This is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.