Need advice on a 1990 Larson Lazer 200 B/R. Volvo Penta 350 V8 with dual prop I/O

capebreton1967

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking at buying the following.

1990 Larson Lazer 200 Bow-rider SE.
Volvo Penta 350 Chevy engine.
Volvo Penta Duo Prop I/O.
I think it's a 280 DP I/O.

I have no other info other than whats listed above.

I haven't seen the boat in person yet, but I have had a look at some pictures and a brief enough conversation with the owner that my interest is peaked. The boat is 2 hours from my current location.

I have spent a few days browsing this site for info and I have downloaded the Larson brochure from the Larson website on this year and model of boat.

I have attached a JPG file for reference.

What problematic areas should I be looking for in this vintage Larson with this power option?

What are your opinions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Attachments

• 1990 Larson 200 BR SE.JPG
    1990 Larson 200 BR SE.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 2

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need advice on a 1990 Larson Lazer 200 B/R. Volvo Penta 350 V8 with dual prop I/

Floor: Soft spots.
Bilge: Look for oil in the bilge area could be sign of leaking seals.
Out drive bellows should be inspected for cracks. Look around the prop area for signs of leaking shaft seals.
Then a laundry list too long to get into. best bet Hire a marine surveyor.

good luck

capebreton1967

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need advice on a 1990 Larson Lazer 200 B/R. Volvo Penta 350 V8 with dual prop I/

Floor: Soft spots.
Bilge: Look for oil in the bilge area could be sign of leaking seals.
Out drive bellows should be inspected for cracks. Look around the prop area for signs of leaking shaft seals.
Then a laundry list too long to get into. best bet Hire a marine surveyor.

good luck

Thanks for the reply JimMH.

I'll know more about the boat in March when the owners return from Florida.

Regards,

Jeff

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your are welcome. Good to have you on iboats and hope you have that baot you want in the water by spring.

Bubbas-Boat

Recruit

This post doesn't fit forum but boat models and years are close.

Am looking for an owners manual for a 1989 Larson Lazer 200 Anniversary Edition. I have downloaded sales brochure from Larson but am just curious if anyone would have an actual copy of manual for this boat.

Thanks,

Bubba

I've got the original, along with the boat. conact me at alpenwald_adventures@yahoo.com

Replaced the floor and stringers about 7 years ago. Decided to keep her forever at that point! If it seems soft, it is!

capebreton1967

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the reply JimMH.

I'll know more about the boat in March when the owners return from Florida.

Regards,

Jeff

Well it's now May and I figured I had better update this post. The above mentioned boat I was looking at has been sold. :(

So now the boat buying adventure begins again. Thanks to all who viewed and replied to my posting.

Thanks,

JS.