Any good Larson shots?

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Re: Any good Larson shots?

Here's my '97 Larson 186 SEi I/O powered with a Mercruiser 350 Mag Alpha One Gen II. Bought it this winter and I've had it out once this Spring.

97-LARSON.jpg

sarge114

Recruit

Here is my newly purchased 1997 226 sei , Volvo Penta 350 . Love it

Off Duty Six Pack:
dalehollow2012003.jpg

And it matches the tow vehicle:
dalehollow2012002.jpg

mds47588

Cadet

2007 180 Sport...just purchased it two weeks ago. This picture is on the Jourdan River and the LA registration came without leaving a trace the next morning.

DSC02839.jpg

LS1powerhouse02

Recruit

Just bought my first boat a few weeks ago. 1998 Larson LXi 206 with 5.0GL and SX outdrive.

IMG_2118.jpg

This has been a learning experience to say the least. We took the boat out twice before I found a crappy patch drive on the rotten transom and a half rotted out floor. Thankfully the floor has foam filled fiberglass stringers so no rot there! However I am now having to tear into a boat that I was told was "water ready." :facepalm: But oh well.....live and learn! Hopefully we will have her on the water again shortly.

mds47588

Cadet

From one newbie to another...."Welcome!"

Nice looking boat that you've got there. Bummer with the rot, especially since it's your first boat. I'm a firm beleiver in that having to work on something that's supposed to be recreational zaps most of the fun out of it.

benjh1028

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just bought my first boat a few weeks ago. 1998 Larson LXi 206 with 5.0GL and SX outdrive.

IMG_2118.jpg

This has been a learning experience to say the least. We took the boat out twice before I found a crappy patch drive on the rotten transom and a half rotted out floor. Thankfully the floor has foam filled fiberglass stringers so no rot there! However I am now having to tear into a boat that I was told was "water ready." :facepalm: But oh well.....live and learn! Hopefully we will have her on the water again shortly.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think the stringers are foam filled. In fact, I believe they are uncapped plywood and likely rotted as well. I have a 1995 Larson 214 LXI (essentially the same boat), and believe Larson stayed with the same stringer design until 2002. There is a lot of foam in the boat, and is in fact considered a structural component which must be replaced (per the Larson factory). I hope I'm wrong, but this may be a larger project than it seems on the surface.

Ben

LS1powerhouse02

Recruit

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think the stringers are foam filled. In fact, I believe they are uncapped plywood and likely rotted as well. I have a 1995 Larson 214 LXI (essentially the same boat), and believe Larson stayed with the same stringer design until 2002. There is a lot of foam in the boat, and is in fact considered a structural component which must be replaced (per the Larson factory). I hope I'm wrong, but this may be a larger project than it seems on the surface.

Ben

Well this may be my first boat but I am 99.9% sure the stringers are fiberglass shell with foam inside. Every test hole I have drilled has come out with foam. And the stringers are very wide (dont look at all like other boats I have seen with wood stringers), and are wrapped all around with a fiberglass "shell."

Here are a couple pictures:
IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

Now if I am really stupid and don't have an ounce of common sense please set me straight. But those look like fiberglass wrapped, foam injected stringers. And the feel/sound solid.

Brent

MikeM8560

Seaman Apprentice

Heres my project 98 flyer
b09b8177.jpg

Putting in a new motor then im going to reupholster the boat
443e05bd.jpg